Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Intense anger

It might sound trivial and not really volcanic but way more than enough to be noticed re a couple days ago at work. Re anger. I complained loudly afterwards as well to make it worse. Think I needed some water as silly as that might sound. Tried it. It did work. Well even if I was tricking myself. Managed to make self feel was being rubbed up the wrong way, well, thereby making something out of nothing. Sort of. So somehow it wasn’t to do with me yet I created it with crap thinking plus being over sensitive. Oh. Oops. Got boring. Had to have a . Better talk with self. Ok. Plus regular water. @outlander Hate to think how it would have looked. Seems to have blown over tho. Today went ok. Random stranger being cheery wanting to chat etc help lift me today . @oulander

@outlander Hi outlander for me  it is the right medication otherwise I would be in trouble and that is a fact.

To give you an example once I was in a cafe and there were two police officers and they were talking about stuff that was triggering me I had to leave as I felt like attacking them. @outlander

Hey Man, I have the same problem, but my moments are on a daily basis, it has ruined relationships with a lot of people, I have been diagnosed with so many different things in my life time I don't know anymore what causes these fits of rage, all I know is when it comes on I destroy everything in my path and then literally 5 mins later, I have forgotten about it and think everything is fine, while I am clearly watching the people around me pick up the pieces, physically , and metaphorically, the only thing I have found that helps Is..

And I know this is hard to do especially when you are in a rage.

1. Remove myself from people, and objects, (I am likely to hurt people and/or destroy property.

2. ASMR I don't know if you have heard of this, but I listen to rain sounds, and weirdly fans and heaters, it's crazy how much it relaxes me, this is something I tend to do after I have had a on episode.

3. I hate exercise, I really do, so instead of going for a walk, I play video games, this usually takes my mind of whatever I have going on.

I hope this helps, this is just what I use, i will be following this post, because this question is actually 50% of the reason I jumped on this forum. 

Intense anger

@outlander wrote:

I dont get angry very often but when it does come its like a bull ar a gate and takes out everything in its path.ive been told it can be part of bpd but everyone  gets angry..

Does anyone else get like this and how do you manage it?

Hey Man, I have the same problem, but my moments are on a daily basis, it has ruined relationships with a lot of people, I have been diagnosed with so many different things in my life time I don't know anymore what causes these fits of rage, all I know is when it comes on I destroy everything in my path and then literally 5 mins later, I have forgotten about it and think everything is fine, while I am clearly watching the people around me pick up the pieces, physically , and metaphorically, the only thing I have found that helps Is..

And I know this is hard to do especially when you are in a rage.

1. Remove myself from people, and objects, (I am likely to hurt people and/or destroy property.

2. ASMR I don't know if you have heard of this, but I listen to rain sounds, and weirdly fans and heaters, it's crazy how much it relaxes me, this is something I tend to do after I have had a on episode.

3. I hate exercise, I really do, so instead of going for a walk, I play video games, this usually takes my mind of whatever I have going on.

I hope this helps, this is just what I use, i will be following this post, because this question is actually 50% of the reason I jumped on this forum. 

Anger came to me late in life.  I had a counsellor who encouraged me to get angry when I was in my 20s through using a baseball bat on a beanbag  I did not get it at the time.  I would look at him like he was weird, and he was ...lol ..but did as I was told ... without accessing any anger.I allowed my children to express anger because by then I had read about it being an essential part of life and mental health.

Smiley Happy

These days I have plenty of experience struggling with mountains of anger.  Understanding the neuroscience of it all has helped me carve out some meaning through the emotional morasses I have lived through.  I was more aware of the role of sport in being a socially acceptable outlet of anger, before I really got in touch with my own.

Smiley Frustrated

I have many ways to deal with it these days, but wish it would go away.  It has probably contributed to my neck pain etc with all the stressors.

Making music can be an outlet, also walking gardening, writing etc.  I have also muttered to myself a fair bit.

I get what you mean about it being a life force ... and at least its a feeling. @Kak  So much depends on how it is released and whether one can harness it for energy or to protection.

Know what you mean about managing anger with kids around. @outlander  Maybe it helps to think about it as more pressure, than anger ,, 

I'm a mother of one and sometimes I easily got angry on my 12 years old son and later on, I realized It should not be the right way and after that, I have decided not to do this type of behavior in front of my son and I contacted the right person and he suggested me to do meditation and some yoga and after doing the same I have a so much of control on my anger as well as I'm happy about it. Hope it will work for your husband as well!

hi guys thanks for your responses. im not up for much tonight but i do appreciate the time youve taken to respond.

@josh_slocum @LylaMorris welcome to you both. please feel free to have a look around and comment where you feel comfortable as well as starting your ownt thread. also if you put an @ symbol at the start of the members name itll tag them for you so that member knows your talking to them as well.

Thanks for encouraging us, Dear.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance