Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Morning has broken

I'm glad you have been able to take focus on your needs at the moment while you are struggling with this. Are you feeling safe for now?

I know how hard it can be when you are overwhelmed with feelings and emotions. I hope you are able to give yourself the nurture you need. Over the years I have put together what I call my 'blue box' with some things that can help distract me/soothe me when I'm struggling.

Happy to talk about the kind of things I use if it would be helpful to you.

And if you are in need of extra support, please reach out to any of the below services.

Lifeline: 13 11 14 or Crisis Chat

Suicide call back service: 1300 659 467 or online counselling

Samaritans: 135 247

If in immediate danger: 000

Hoping the prn helps you hon @Eve7 

Haven't got much on for today. Have to go up to the supermarket soon and do some washing but that is about it.

I’ve had a sleep and now doing a load of washing then attending a meeting on Zoom.

My head is still in a fog. I’ll log off.

@Snowie 

@HappyCastle  I’m interested in your blue box 💙

Hi @Eve7 

I do hope you have improved as the day has gone on. Thinking of you lovely lady!

@HappyCastle I'm also interested in your blue box.

@Eve7 

Hoping your day has gotten a little better for you. 

💟💟💟

Made it to the shops and supermarket. Didn't get the ironing done, that is a tomorrow job 😒

I have a collection of things I put together for my especially bad days, I call them my blue days (hence the blue box 😉)

I'm a pretty literal and visual person I have an old shoe box. Inside I have some of things I like to tap into when things are especially bad. I have the name tag of my dog who passed away - it gives a great sense of protection. I have the book of my favourite poet, a list of my three songs that cheer me up, a letter I wrote myself on a good day and a few other things. Sometimes the day is too dark to even open it, but knowing it is there and taking it out and having it near me comforts me. 

It's a cool thing to think about - what do you think you would put in yours?

Thanks for listening!

they are great ideas @HappyCastle 

having a coping box / blue box is good 

@Anastasia@WIP@Snowie@Eve7 Heart

I love my bed , my doona to curl up in 

having a nice cuppa and watching a movie i real like 

my husband puts on his music on nice and loud to help him 

@Anastasia 

How are you going hon?

Thank you for sharing this @HappyCastle  I will think about doing a box and let you know what is in it.

I am going to call the Acute Care Team tonight.

Hello @Snowie 

I am ok thank you. Had my hair done tonight, always good for the soul. Hope you are doing ok tonight too.

Hello to everyone, hugs and hugs xox

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance