Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: rough time

Its ok @Sans911 thank you
I think i got myself sorted
Here for you if you need/want to talk about anything though ❣

What's happening for you lil Sis?

@outlander

I've just had a tough day. Pdoc session was pretty challenging. And living on nothing, as you have also experienced, is challenging. Sometimes there is just too much everything. Mr A is sitting in between my legs on the bed, so it's harder for me to get up and SH. I'm trying not by distraction, but the temptation is there still.

Just feeling really unwell @Sans911 so
A distraction sounds like itll be good for the both of us. Want to pick a topic. .? And yes totally get that toughness still barely living here. Very upsetting and frustrating...

Sorry you're not feeling so good. Jasper's had some tummy trouble for a few days so he's been a little quieter. You can cuddle up with him. Yesterday was the first time he actually let me cuddle him in my arms. He doesn't usually like it and jumps out. He's changing little by little. Also, when I come home now, he flips over on to his back for a tummy scratch. Right now, he's gone done to his blanket with his back to me, and Mr A is in his bed sideways also looking away from me.

Topic of distraction? Apart from your course, have you read any other books lately? You've probably been too into your crochet, which you've picked up so rapidly. Do you need more help with your studies?

Yeah ill be ok just got worried as i hit a really bad chest and stomach pain and couldnt breathe at all. The pains settled abit now but still really breathless and waiting on my heart to go back to normal. Not sure what brought it all on.

He is changing bit by bit isnt he. Sounds like a very cute habit hes forming! 

No i havent picked up any new books, i was going to reread my outlander books but even though i love them i cant concentrate on it and i forget what ive read within minutes. My studies are sinking in though so i dont know why icant actually read a book...
What about you? Have you started to read anything new?
Are you still going to give crocheting ago?

I have 3 projects going at the moment. I not long finished a beanie too. I have to get more yarn for the baby blanket so thats on hold for the moment so have picked up my rainbow blanket and hope to finish that in the coming weeks as well.

I ended up finishing the assignment today and submitted that. Will hear back within the next week how I went so can continue on with the next topic which is the nervous system i think.
@Sans911

You're incredibly dedicated and committed to your studies @outlander

It's an admirable quality you have. You obviously are a quick learner as it's a similar thing with you crotchet. I am still trying to learn, and had a go a few nights ago. I've also scheduled a crotchet & knitting event soon for one of my volunteer organisations.

I'm reading a new book atm called A Memory of Violets. It's about the flower sellers of London in the late 1800s. It's pretty interesting.

Jasper will be one next month. Its interesting watching him develop and grow and change. Both of them are curled up into balls atm.

Thanks @Sans911 studying is one of my favourite things even if im not very good at it.
Holding a crochet and knitting event sounds great! I hope others take an interest in it too. It takes pactice esp trying to hold the yarn. Once you get it im sure youll be making lots of things too.

That book sounds really good. Enjoy!

Oh wow already nearly 1! Where has the time gone! How old is Mr A now?

I think Mr A is 3 in early Nov. I have to look up his records to be certain.

Yep, holding the yarn is the most difficult thing for me. If I try it the traditional way, my fingers cramp up. So I'm trying to find another way that's comfortable and workable @outlander. It takes a bit of experimenting.

And by the way, you sell yourself way too short. You ARE very good at studying. That is easily seen.

Hes still a baby too @Sans911 they are both very cute though no matter their age.
I come across a youtube clip about holding yarns. Ill see if i can find it on the computer tomorrow for you. Some people weave it between their fingers as well. I cant crochet for to long as it sets my hand and wrist pain off but half hr at a time is usually enough anyway.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance