Skip to main content

Re: Topic Tuesday // Covid-19 and reflecting on the dynamic times of 2020 // Tues 15th December, 7-8:30PM AEDT

Mine was tough @Former-Member @Daisydreamer  5km restrictions. I couldn't see my parents for over 8 months. Those masks I hate. I felt very constrained and I felt overwhelmed and alone. 

Re: Topic Tuesday // Covid-19 and reflecting on the dynamic times of 2020 // Tues 15th December, 7-8:30PM AEDT

Hi everyone.

For me, living in Melbourne, the whole lockdowns x 2 that happened really impacted on my mental health and well being. Having to live under a curfew with harsh restrictions and a very strong police presence was hard for me. I also struggled with the embarrassing moments of having to line up and produce my Centrelink card just to go shopping at special days and times due to people going crazy on toilet paper and other supplies like meat and pasta. That really hurt as I've never felt so bad for being on Centrelink payments before and over such a silly thing over toilet paper!

@Former-MemberI also experienced a sense of loss, and still do. I'm a little more hopeful but the uncertainty remains.

Routine and predictability are planks of stability for me and they were nowhere to be found this year. There seemed to be challenge upon challenge, and without that base I was really wobbly.

Can relate @TideisTurning re staying afloat, and looking for the sparks/little wins.

That's so tough to be separated from your parents for that long @BlueBay 🌷

Sense of loss and grief has certainly been a key feeling with lockdown @Former-Member Heart And for Victorian residents that lockdown was such a long time too! I am so relieved to hear about the restrictions continuing to ease in Victoria, but can imagine that lifting restrictions also comes with challenges for anxiety.

You have done amazing balancing your wellbeing and adjusting to this new world!

Restrictions are very restrictive, aren't they @BlueBay & @Judi9877? Very aptly named.. 

Thanks for the compliment @Daisydreamer as I'm a Melbourne girl! 

@Judi9877 I can relate to the lockdowns being incredibly challenging, so much limited access and limited freedom. The toilet paper fiasco was really something else, I can imagine that was so distressing having to produce your centrelink card to get something so basic and fundamental for every human 🌻

It's tough @frog, but we've made it this far! 😊

Oh it was more missing my dad @Former-Member 😢

I feel locked away from them. First it was COVID niw it's my latest hospital admission. Oh I've got germs apparently according to my mum. 
I'm so over this year. But start if next year isn't looking any better