Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Re: Moderators on duty

Hello @Former-Member, when is your birthday xx

I was going to ask @sanfran, but she got away Smiley LOL

Hi @sanfran and @Former-Member
Haven't spoken to you before. 😊Thanks for letting us know who's on.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Shaz51

I'm a July baby, the 11th. 🙂 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Wow @Former-Member i love your avatar. My first avatar was similar but no here near as spectacular as that. 💜💜💜

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thank you @Former-Member

I do love the moon and also purple like the colour in your avatar. 🙂

Former-Member
Not applicable

Me too @Former-Member. The purple is the reason I have that avatar. Must try to get out and see the moon tonight. Have a good evening. 💜😊

Hi everyone,

This is a tricky one.

We have created the @moderator for the purpose of alerting a moderator quickly to concerning posts. It is a substitue for the 'report inappropriate content' link, which is missing from the mobile and app version of the Forums.

If you need immediate support, it's really important to reach out to either a crisis support service, use SANE's helpline or chat or connect with someone in your support network. The Forums is a peer support service, and doesn't extend into a crisis service or one-to-one counselling.

A moderator will follow up with a member if there is a concern for their wellbeing. The moderator in the first instance will point that person towards other crisis services / mental health organisation that are in a better position to assist and may also work on some strategies to help get through.

I hope this clarifies things.

Thanks,

Nik

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @NikNik

I find it best to chat or speak to you guys at Sane, I find all others (apart from blueknot) "insufficient and too impersonal" to deal with more complex cases.

Hi @Former-Member
It's unfortunate that has been your experience, but I will pass on that lovely feedback about the SANE Help Centre

The SANE Help Centre is available during business hours at this point - we hope that it will receive funding to expand its hours!

Hi @Zoe7 seems like nothing was done in response to your suggestion here.  Hopefully it will change soon in response to all the feed back on the current thread about this.  Good idea! 

@suzanne @Former-Member I'm disappointed to see that it's been 8 months since this suggestion was made.  @NikNik can this idea be put to the tech team to see if it's possible?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance