Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Sharing the wisdom within

@eudemonism wrote:

@Sophia1Yea I'm the same I've always wanted one. But considered what others thought of it. More then myself and what I thought.

What are you honest thoughts about me keeping a python?

I figure it will help me face and deal with all of my fears...

Eude

Hello @eudemonism

I am probably the wrong person to be asking this question...

I am terrified of snakes....

Perhaps ask yourself the question..." why have you always wanted one?'...the thrill of having a pet that has the potential to be dangerous?"   "the fact that there are many people who are frightened of them?" or "do they just intrigue you?"

as for the snake's point of view laugh....I will probably get shouted down by others reading for saying this...

I personally do not like to see them living in tanks where they can hardly move...their natural habitat allows them freedom..I am the same with fish....birds....bearded dragons..

I personally don't like the fact that large animals are in zoos...I would prefer to see them in animal sanctuaries where they have freedom...

So...yes you are asking the wrong person laugh..

however...if you truly want one....let it roam around in one room freely occasionally away from your dog and cat...it might be beneficial for you as you mentioned...

ask others on here on some of the social threads...making order out of chaos is a good thread...

one other thing when my family member was about 14 I used to drop him off at his friend's place on the weekend about 30 minutes drive then pick him up later...his friend lived with his mum...he had a pet python...family member told me the story years later that friend had let the snake out about two years before and it had never been found...

I almost had a heart attack at the thought of driving there....

go with your intuition...

how much does it cost to feed as well?

Sophia

@Sophia1

I'd like to congratulate you for all your hard work and effort. You've done a tremendous and outstanding job of supporting me for many months now.

It's not good to hear about you having a tough time. Have faith, hope and trust that things will get better. You'll be fine xo I'm sure you'll come good in your own time xo tomorrow is a new day 💙

Focus on the solution
Not the problem

As for me... Each day is a battle... Sometimes it feels like I'm winning and sometimes it doesn't...

Eude

@Sophia1

When I first thought about keeping a snake I put much thought into those questions and also considered it from the snakes perspective. Which is why I hesitated for so long. I'm already experiencing prejudice comments, remarks and opinions about my decision - from a prospective that appears to have done no wrong... Truth be known it's not much different then the style of which Alot of other pets are kept. Or animals kept for food production. The animal products in your fridge for instance?

Eude

@eudemonism

My opinion does not matter...

I did reply honestly when you asked me....

you are the person who matters....your pet...your reasons...your choices...

no judgement from me at all....

if others judge you just tell them that it really does not matter what anyone else thinks the python is your pet..now a part of your family...

hopefully that makes more sense...

SophiaCat HappyHeart

@Sophia1 OK thank you for being respectful and considerate.

Think about this Mark 16:18 and think about your son's request...

Seriously?

Eude

@Sophia1 do some research about diamond pythons on YouTube. They are lovely creatures. Eude.

Hello @eudemonism

Thank you....that is a good idea for educating myself more about pythons..

The problem is that I have a phobia of them.....I have had many nightmares over the years about being chased by a snake..

I look at it in this way.....some people are terrified by spiders....others mice....they would not have one as a pet...

That was my point about not being able to look at them in a zoo...

As for my "family member" having one....he is an adult who lives on his own now...If he chooses to have one as a pet that is fine..

I was very brave and read up on the diamond python....not realising that they were different to the carpet python and have different needs...

Good luck with your new family member....Having wanted to own one for so long ...your dream has come true...enjoy

SophiaCat HappyHeart

@Sophia1 sorry If I've ever been out of place with you... It is rather hectic for myself on a day in day out basis. I've been out of place and our of life many times with many people...

Quote of the day. 'when spiritually bad things are happening to me - i sometimes forget who is to blame'

Eude

@Sophia1

Google being chased bye snakes dream meaning. It may help.

Eude

hello @eudemonism

I know that I have had people misunderstand my intent several times...

I believe that you write about how you are feeling at the time...

this is something that we both have encouraged each other to do..

I also know that you mean well ...

I also know only too well that you have days where you cannot avoid others...within your living environment...even when you want your own space...

There are no hard feelings from my end...

Friendships do include misunderstandings...annoyance with another....

what is important in a friendship.. in my mind.. is moving past those times...accepting that we are all human...that the friendship is more important than the misunderstanding...

So thank you for apologising...

speak soon

Sophia

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance