Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Creating Self-Care Projects

I might start making a collection of design scrap books and collages of my little girl again, that way she can look back. 

Thats really cool @Former-Member im sure she will love it!

My first self care project that was about dealing with my grief, was choosing good photos and fossicking around for old phot o frames of different shapes and sizes.  First I did it with all the people I loved who had died. I already had lots of my children, but then I started choosing photos I loved because of the positive associations. I have big photo walls now.  They still help. I can forget they are there, but notice them with affection when I need.

Smiley Happy

With music, I choose a direction, more than call it a whole project.  When I am not well enough to practise, it does not add to being critical. Over time it all adds up though, and now instead of negative thoughts a lot of the time, I have great tunes going through my head.  Certainly I feel a lot better than 20 years ago.

Heart

Some sage advice there @Owlunar Swimming sounds invigorating! 

Absolutely @Former-Member! Diary writing is a great self care project. What I really like about diaries is that you can make them completely your own. Here are just a few ideas:

• Write a diary using a word document or notes on your computer or phone
  • Use an app to record your thoughts
  • Keep a written diary
  • Use a thought diary to critically reflect on your thoughts and feelings
  • Use artwork as a form or journalling
  • Create a photo diary 

- And lots more! 

Has anybody used diary writing as a self care project?

I really love the idea of creating a scrapbook for your daughter too @Former-Member What a beautiful thing to have to look back on. 

Photo's can be so powerful like that @Appleblossom And how lovely to have them up on the wall to greet you when you need. I think a future discusion idea might be for us to create something around music to boost your mood!

I think I may write in the diary @Former-Member

Hi @Former-Member, @Former-Member, @Appleblossom, @outlander, @Owlunar

I am going to start a diary too

And I love sitting out the front with a cuppa 

This should be interesting @Shaz51

Nothing better than a coffee out the front or just coffee in general. Having one now here 

I will have one with you @Former-Member xx

Okay @Shaz51

Thought about having a bottle of wine but I won’t get up tomorrow and it would make me worse!

Going for a drive to clear my head, hope you have a good night Shaz 

I had two glasses of wine tonight @Former-Member, to unwind after a busy day but now ready for bed xx hope you have a good night sleep 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance