Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care- walking and cycling

If all goes to plan we will be making a move mid September to a location that will make morning and afternoon walks more convenient so looking forward to that.  We currently live in a semi rural area so roadside not ideal for walking. Hopefully moving into outskirts of town where there are great walking paths. 

Sounds as though you've been pretty busy @Determined It's quite nice to start and end the day with a walk. Incidental exercise is great too because it feels less effortful. I tend to find walking clears my mind a bit by getting me out of my head and into my body. 

Hoping it will be easier to get into a routine once we have moved @Margot

Were we are there is a hill to walk up to get out of the street on top of no real footpath. Close by the new place is a paved walking track and it is relatively flat. It also close enough for me to walk to work/ uni and close by 2 parks that we can walk to with the children and a dog park that our collie boy will love. 

Haha the self care and exercise seems to have gone out the window. I shall try again starting tomorrow.   1400 steps today. 

Planning a walk tomorrow after work. Will drive out to a park that has a mostly level walking track and do a few laps. 

Try again lol

I managed a walk to uni today.

Hoping to do something like this every day if I can. Going to be a lot eaiser in out new location.

Screenshot_20180910-152313_Samsung Health.jpg

This was my moving day effort last Friday

Screenshot_20180908-010935_Samsung Health.jpg

images (65).jpeg

WOW WOW @Determined Smiley Very Happy

WOW is what my feet are currently telling me @Shaz51 lol. 

yes I think your feet wil be telling you wow @Determined Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance