Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

On a positive note. I have been given details for a carer support group coming up (through carers QLD) in the town where we live. Going to try to make it to the next one in a couple of weeks time. It's a start. I could not have got this far without some help from a lovely lady (councillor)  at my university.  Feeling grateful. 

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

@Determined 

Sending ever so gentle thoughts your way. 

Darcy

Sounds like you’re doing it tough @Determined. Giving you a medal (the gold one) for your efforts. You have such a big heart. Do take care of yourself too.

Feeling relieved this morning.

I went looking for some office supplies and found darlings meds that have been missing since we moved. I have been having some anxiety that she may have found them and stored them for a a later date. (Based on prior events)... They were in a box that she put aside for me to sort out.  I knew I had put them somewhere she would be less likely to look in and it worked... problem is I forgot where to look also lol. 

glad you have found darlings meds @Determined, that is one worry out of the way my friend HeartHeart

@Determined

@Determined

images (93).jpeg

I have received a return call from and received and sent back registration forms for carers QLD this afternoon. I am making a commitment to go to the next meeting in a little over 2 weeks. I will be the youngest and only male there but nervously looking forward to meeting people with shared experiences.

@Former-MemberPHEW is an under statement. 

We still have a couple more missing essential items but they are the ones I have been most worried about. 

I have found with a few carer events I have attended that most participants are looking after a child or sibling @Determined. There are very few who are supporting their partners. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance