Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Using essential oils as part of our Mental Health

I have used lavender oil to flavour a special cake before, but it was an organic one designed for food use.  I also used organic lavender buds in the cake.  Lavender farms have cook books that include the use of lavender, and rose oil and petals can be used in cooking too, common to middle eastern recipes.

I have had lavender pancakes before, they were delicious! 

I've also had traditional Turkish Delight made with rose water, again delicious! 

🤗 @Queenie.....

@Snowie how are you finding the use of essential oils?

@outlanderthey seem to be helping. Having Lemon in my water in the morning. Mix Lavender, frankinsense and fresh easy in a diffuser for night time sleep. Mixed balance and citruss bliss in a roll on to help with my anxiety. Not sure how much they are helping, but even a little bit is better then nothing.

Im glad they are helping even a little bit @Snowie hopefully they help just abit more so things are more manageable again.

@Snowie. Thank you for including me in this post. Unfortunately I'm chemically sensitive - including to esential oils.

Hi @Snowie. I use lavender oil to help with sleep and lemon scented myrtle for relaxation but it also is invigorating to the senses and makes me feel really clean and energized. These oils are great but unfortunately can not replace my medication.

Welcome to the forums @Calmblueocean ..... 🖐

Thanks @Faith-and-Hope, nice to feel included in something that isn't normally addressed. Like minded people supporting one another.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance