Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Writing As A Form Of Therapy

@bipolarbunny  I have an appointment with psychiatrist on Friday to discuss when she has booked me in.  She has to talk with other psychiatrist as they will both be working in conjunction as apparently I am a complicated case. I wont take my cimputer with me so i will be a silent pea. I will miss you all so much.

So very sorry for the way you were treated growing up @bipolarbunny 

Think that is true for a lot of us here unfortunately. The deep areas I don't intend to go there. Try to look into the future. Emigrated to Australia to do this. But as you said " but there is mystery I'm told,

let every nook and crease unfold, to spread your story far and wide, unto the corners which we hide"

i think that this is what SANE offers us, to be able to spread our stories across the country the Internet without exposing, embarrassing, humiliating us in front of our family's, friends, peers etc. we 'hide' behind the anonymity. I struggle hard with every post I do pushing myself to be open up. Getting there BB

@greenpea I will miss my beautiful pea, but you just concentrate on getting better we will all be thinking of you and be here waiting with lots of hugs for you when you return. xx

Love you my friend xx BB 🐰💙🌈🤗

@bipolarbunny  I will miss you so much BB. I love your positive spirit. Just dont leave the pea.xxx

@Former-Member I agree completely my friend, the anonymity on the SANE forums allows us to share our voices finally without fear of exposure, judgment or consequence. I love having a place that is not attached to any other part of my life where I can speak openly and honestly about my struggles. I think that's why I write too, I can express the deepest recesses of my mind in a safe way where I feel less vulnerable. And sharing those thoughts here is an extension of that safety. Having a place where we are all valued is so important to our healing. xx

BB 🐰💙

@greenpea Oh I will never leave my beautiful pea, you are stuck with this complicated little bunny for life! xx 😘

BB 🐰💙

@greenpea xxx ❤️❤️❤️

A5411D0B-CFDB-4BEA-9321-60687148F651.jpeg

xxx BB 🐰💙🤗

@bipolarbunny 

Hi BB,

I can certainly identify with a lot of the background and feelings that you have expressed in your response to @Always-hope about 3hours ago.

For a lot of the reasons that you have mentioned, both in poetry and prose, I had significant difficulty functioning effectively in my former work role. In so many ways I had feelings of inadequacy. I simply thought it was me not being able to 'step up' and tried to push myself harder. An appropriate analogy would be the effect of the pile of soil in front of the sled at a tractor-pull. It piled up till the tractor stopped.

Paradoxically, I could relate to people on a 1:1 face to face level, even in difficult circumstances. However, I often had extreme difficulty dealing with people by phone and even, at times, in written correspondence, where I did not have the facial expressions and cues to which I could respond. Oddly, some of what I write on this site would seem to indicate the opposite, yet that's how it was, and sometimes, still is. I often felt totally 'out of my depth' in social activities, functions and gatherings.

Thank you for what you write and post here on the forum site. Much of what you have written has actually given me, and very likely others, a 'track' to run on and explore our own feelings, disposition and actions.

Best Wishes

HenryX

@StuF This is our writer's thread, would love to read some of your poems if you'd like to upload them. 

BB 🐰💙

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance