Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Struggling

Thanks @Shaz51

Rough day/couple days

hope everyone else a doing ok

Hi @destructive, @Razzle, hope you can have some sleep tonight 'I am very tired and aching after today , so I am off to bed

sitting with you Heart

@Former-Member, @Razzle Awesome encouragment; nothinng like the beauty of nature to lift ones spirits. Well it does for me.

Hello @Shaz5, @Razzle, @Former-Member, @strong, @destructive, well aren't they lovely pictures, so cute and such a nice way to feel loved and nurtured, as we begin another day. We don't know what today holds, in all its details but God does, and He will not give us more than we can endure so smile and praise Him anyway because He will never leave you or forsake you.. Heart Smiley Happy Heart John 3:16  For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

@Shaz I hope you have had a good sleep and wake up feeling refreshed.

Hi @destructive I do hope today is better than yesterday, in fact, the last couple of days for you. Thinking of you and wishing the joy of some simple things that can bring some pleasure into you struggling heart today. HeartSmiley Happy You are loved so much by Someone you may not even know yet. He said "Be of good cheer I have overcome the world." And He loves you with an everlasting love, we may let one another down at times but He always has our best interests at heart. xoox 

Hi @Elin.

what a great attitude to start the day with. 

Ive been getting sick since Tuesday and over night it’s hit me like a ton of bricks. I have so much I need to do at work, people relying on me, but don’t think I’m much good to anyone today.

maybe it’s from stress. On Tuesday I got to I likely have epilepsy, just need to do another test to confirm/deny but the neurologist seemed to think that was it as he was going to start me on medication already. I hate medication of any sort so he agreed to wait til the next test. Who knows how long that’ll take to get because I am in the public system. Stressful!

Hope everyone has a good day. I’ll be on the couch

Hi @Elin

what a great attitude to start the day with. 

Ive been getting sick since Tuesday and over night it’s hit me like a ton of bricks. I have so much I need to do at work, people relying on me, but don’t think I’m much good to anyone today.

maybe it’s from stress. On Tuesday I got to I likely have epilepsy, just need to do another test to confirm/deny but the neurologist seemed to think that was it as he was going to start me on medication already. I hate medication of any sort so he agreed to wait til the next test. Who knows how long that’ll take to get because I am in the public system. Stressful!

Hope everyone has a good day. I’ll be on the couch

@Shaz51

@Elin

After a night of tossing and turning and not a whole lot of sleep, I dragged

my sorry self out of bed and headed to my councilling session, the one I’ve been dreading for days.  

Todays session involved telling my husband every horrible, sordid, sickening detail that has ever been done to me.  Right now I feel so flat and disgusting.  My biggest fear was that I wouldn’t get much support from my husband, unwarranted it seems.  He’s been very good today, thank goodness because I’m feeling a bit fragile right now.  

My brain actually hurts and I’m soooo tired, or maybe just relieved that session is over.  I’m thinking sleep will come easier tonight 

Precious fragile @Razzel your feelings are quite understandable, you have faced a terrible ordeal some of it real and some of it imaginary, of what might have been. 

Be very gentle with yourself you have been courageous but remember it takes a while to heal the wounds of deep hurt from emotional and physical pain. Sharing details can help as a first step but then I found I was on the road to recovery when I was gradually able to replace those thoughts and memories with new positive ones, actually even forgive especially about how I saw myself. So good your husband was supportive today. You will both need lots of tender nurture for each other. Wishing you both every blessing and lots of love and warm hugs.  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance