Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A Long Rave

@saturnzoon Hi saturnzoon this is going to sound really tough but I would call in the police for a stern talking to for your 24 year old. When my son2 was out of control and attacking us all that is what we did and then sometimes (alot) he was hospitalized. You cannot have you 12 year old feeling unsafe in his home PLUS if something really bad happened you dont want your 24 year old getting into real trouble.  Get in there before it gets any worse your 24 year old is screaming for limits put on hs behaviour and you are the mother so you are the boss of the house not him.

Good morning, everyone. Heart

tom-barrett-518965-unsplash-smaller.jpg

Morning @Mazarita and any other early birds who might be up already 🐦🌞😊

Good morning @Mazarita @CheerBear @greenpea @Appleblossom @Faith-and-Hope @outlander @Sophia1 @Shaz51 @Exoplanet and anyone else who sees this.

Big news - my new grandchild has arrived and all are well and happy!!!!, (if very tired)  They are coccooning themselves for a few more days and I'm looking forward to when they are ready to talk by phone or skype.  It's such a relief as I've been quite anxious about them all for the last nearly 2 weeks.  Celebrated by cooking a special dinner last night (beef ragu with homemade corn bread and beans) followed by ice cream and accompanied by champaigne.  My sil gave me a beautiful bunch of gerberas too.  One of my favourite flowers. Plus sil's mum and I are going to do a road trip to the place they live.  She has grandchildren in the same suburb.

@Mazarita hope this morning has started without a nightmare hangover for you.  

Great that youve finished your knitting project.  Also hoping you hear from the video curator soon so you can get on with that.

Congratulations on getting into the suicide prevention training program @CheerBear I can see you doing some really good work with that.  You are doing a really good job of supporting your friend in hospital and the other friend staying with you.  Stay strong and don't forget your own needs while caring for so many others.

@saturnzoon hoping things have settled down between your sons by now, and if not that you are getting some support irl.  I agree with @Faith-and-Hope's suggestion of Relationships Australia.  The Carers forum on here might also be a good place to ask about supports you might be able to use.  I also agree with @greenpea about getting the police involved.   When my child was in their teens they went through a very violent period too.  So once it became too much for me while they did their last year at school I ultimately took them to court and obtained an AVO so I could be safe in my home.  It was slightly different from a standard one in that my child could still be in the home too, but if they breached the AVO and did one more act of violence they would be charged and it would be on their record forever.  It worked for 12 months that it was granted for, but then the day after it expired my child (then 18) was violent again and left home to stay with their boyfriend.  I didn't hear from them for several months and things were very strained once we saw each other again.  But as they've gotten older (now nearly 30) they have apologized many times.  I know it sounds like an extreme solution but it stopped me from being physically hurt more.  Of course this happened after several visits to the house by police, so there was a lot of evidence to support my application.  
I'm sending you my strongest wishes for a solution and the return of peace to your home.  You and your 12yo have every right to 'peaceful enjoyment' of your home.

@eth Congratulations eth!! Wonderful news at long last as you say, we were all thinking that lol. Very excited for you 😄

Thanks a lot @greenpea.   How's your day going?

Awesome news @eth! I was thinking of you this morning wondering whether you had any news. Love that you were able to celebrate like you did last night and that you now have some relief from the worry and wonder you've been feeling. So great to hear 💜🧡💛💚💙 Squishy newbies are awesome and it's such a special time 😊💕

Thankyou @CheerBear.  I love the rainbow of hearts - it's so appropriate for them.   Really looking forward to seeing them all, even a photo would be good, but I understand them wanting to nurture themselves at this time.

How's your day so far?

I can only imagine how much you'd be looking forward to seeing them in any way @eth! My kids are never going to be allowed to move far away for reasons like that 😉 (kidding obviously). As much as I'd respect their right and need for privacy and space, I think I'd find it hard not to go knocking though. Big hugs for you ❤

My day is going slowly which is good. I was up way early this morning and have been asked to take the kids in to visit at the hospital today. I'm really not totally keen on the idea of it and am tired so I'm moving very slowly and kind of procrastinating the whole getting everyone ready thing. Having a nice time crocheting instead though 🙂

How about yourself? Was it harder than usual to sleep after the news?

@CheerBear sorry for the delay answering you.  I had to sort something out with my plan manager and my psychologist's invoices (finally done after 8 sessions since my NDIS plan started).

I actually slept a little better last night, probably because I'm not as anxious about how the birth would go.

Hope that if you do get to the hospital with the kidlets that it goes ok for you and for the person you are visiting.  Might be easier if they have a private room than if they are on a ward.  Sending wishes for you to handle it calmly and find some joy in it too.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance