Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A Long Rave

@Exoplanet

your dog stories and day to day stories often put a smile on my face and somehow make the world feel a bit real again. On some really low days they are the highlight of my day. My dog is often my biggest entertainment on his walks to but I can’t write like you to even start. It’s a beautiful skill you have. I’m so glad reading about your good news re the fence too. 

I dreamt last night a black staff x boxer pup walked into my house. It was malnourished but very loving. After a couple of weeks it just left again after it stole my heart. In the dream I wasn’t sad though. It was just a dog who walks into lots of people lives to cheer tem up. 

Heres some doggy love for you being you. 5F467049-4CDA-4AFE-9E67-9F8EF81CF330.jpeg

Hello Everyone 🙂

Went for our 5th walk in a different spot yesterday 🙂 The last couple of days I've headed off with a destination in mind, but for different reasons I've ended up in different spots. A couple of days ago I got way-laid because I'd decided to take a different route to a familiar walking spot, as I'd been engaging in my favourite activity - wandering over Google maps, & thought this other way might be ever so slightly less distance to travel. I ended up at a T-section, I knew where I was . . . just not whether the spot I was heading for, was right or left. I went right, which was the wrong way for where I intended to go, but the right way for another favourite walking spot 🙂 I refer to that spot as 'the local beach' because the clay soil is so fine it's just like sand, it's 1 of only 2 spots where I actually take my shoes off to walk 🙂 We had a lovely relaxing walk 🙂 

The day before last I was heading to one of the Staffies favourite walks, it's actually not a State Forest, it's a reserve. It's one of the furthest ones I go to & for the first time ever when I pulled up - there was another car there!!! I didn't see anyone, which probably meant they were walking in the reserve. I decided I wasn't willing to have the Staffy come across a strange person wandering around in his favourite romping zone, I think it would have been just way to exciting; & because of his appearance & breed, possibly just way to frightening for the stranger! 🙂 As I've said, it was a bit of a distance & I was determined that we would have a walk. I had been to a State Forest in the area a couple times quite a while ago - I was put off the spot as it seemed to have a pretty bad pig problem; but I kind of saw this alien vehicle as fate saying it was time to try that forest again 😉 Try as I might my GPS didn't know where I was talking about, as far as forests go, this one is quite small. I originally found it by accident, I'd missed a turn on my way to the reserve & that same GPS took me down a deserted back-track & I just happened to see the Forest sign. So I decided to follow what very vauge memories I had of the direction this Forest might be . . . . I was very impressed with myself upon not only finding it, but finding it very quickly! 😄 It was the little fella that gave me a heart attack this time, we where obviously on the border of the forest as it had a cattle paddock right next door - & thats where my little fluff-footed puppy went galloping off into, in the direction of the cattle in that paddock - totally ignoring my calls!!! There were only about 1/2 a dozen cattle where he was headed, but I could see, not far off . . . a lot more; if he startled them all & caused a stampeed situation - it wouldn't be good for him!!! {particularly considering there were young calves as well}. I don't think it was my frantic calling & whistling that brought him back, there were needle like thorns in a low lying tumble weed in the paddock. He normally runs away when I try to pull prickles out of his fur, but when he returned to me he all but asked me to take these ones out; by lifting his feet & showing me the clumps of sewing needle like thorns attached to them! It was a bit tricky, very hard on the fingers, but I got the majority of them out; put the little fella on his retracting lead & continued on 🙂 I found a very interesting spot, a large area of flat rock ground, it reminded me of lava flow, I've never seen anything else like it locally. We didn't stay long really, the Staffy thought it was wonderful {though I didn't hear or see signs of any pigs}, but didn't give me many glimpses of where he was. Luckily {touch wood} whenever I call the Staffy he comes running 🙂 I'd reached a spot where the track becomes very hard to define, I called him back, he had an excellent puff-up & I decided it was time for the on-lead walk back to the car, with 2 very happy puppies in tow 😄

Yesterday I headed to a spot we walk along a tall fence line, I like it because I know the dogs can't go in that direction - it's a fabulous fence! But when I got there I changed my mind. I park in the same spot for another walk along a dry creek bed & I decided on that walk as we hadn't done it in a very long time. I came across some wonderous sights, as I tend to do when I'm out in the bush. This creek bed, especially in the bends, has very tall cliff like sides;  some of them had had massive cave-in collapses; taking down large trees with the ground that had fallen. It's a harder walk because the ground's like soft sand {this is the only other spot I take my shoes off to walk, I find it easier to walk bare foot in soft sand} & after navigating my way around a couple of these cave-ins I started feeling a little nervous & wondering if I was being an idiot walking along a dangerous path?!?  I'm not a complete idiot & would never attempt climbing over the large clumps of clay, as I know how easily it can crumble, add to that the huge trees that had fallen & settled in precarious postitions amongst it all & you may end up in a downright deadly situation - but dogs don't seem to care about all that, they see a gap & go for it! By the time we finished our on-lead stroll back to the car, that involved some great lead work tracing my steps back around the obstacles, I was buggered & the Staffy had that excellent puff-up going on 🙂 I felt it was another successful mission completed 😄 

I had a little play with the drip nozzle I bought while I was in the big smoke last, I got it to work so I have a general idea what to do. I need to try it up on the roof to see if the 12 volt pump will be able to push the water up that distance & I tried it on a garden hose, I should try it on poly-pipe as I'm not sure how long a garden hose would last on top of a hot tin roof in an area that they are predicting near 50 degree heat this Summer {I'm not liking the predictions for the upcoming season!!!}

Well I've enjoyed the rave 🙂

Love to all that need or want it Heart

@Mazarita@CheerBear@Appleblossom@greenpea@Faith-and-Hope @eth @outlander @Teej 

Congratulations Grandma! @eth

Really good to hear you slept OK last night @eth. Gosh there's been some stuffing around with your NDIS adventure! Sending you some more grandbaby love 💕💜 Best news 🙂

@Teej thank you ❤ I was momentarily excited thinking you'd figured out a way to send pics with an email notification 😆 Thank you for your encouragement and your thoughts. Love the pics! Big hugs for your headspace. I've been quietly keeping up-ish and thinking of you lots 🤗

Thanks @outlander also. Hope you are going OK enough and that today is a better day for you 💙

@Exoplanet (posted while I was drafting this one up) love seeing your posts come through with your stories and now have something to enjoy reading on the train! ❤ to you.

Two kidlets of mine are sniffly and can't go in today so I'm going in while other adult stays here. I think other adult is thankful they are having a day off from visiting as unwell one can be hard work, plus the trip in and out would be draining everyday. The relationship I have with the one in hospital can be tense (putting it nicely), mostly because of the way they treat the other which I've been a venting space for over this week/over lots of years. It can be a struggle for me to bite my tongue and play nicely which is exactly what I should probably do considering what they're going through right now. @eth your comment/wishes about handling it calmly is spot on for me at the moment. Big breaths. My bright side today will be some time out with my headphones and away from people on my way there and back. I'm really looking forward to that bit. Bit of a vent there!

Better drag myself into the shower and get going. Hope the afternoon goes well for everyone 💗

@eth Hi eth have had a good day. Went out with my mental health nurse and daughter. Visited an art gallery and had coffee. Beautiful rain here 😄

congratulations nana? @eth

happy times plus a huge relief to hear of the safe arrival

very happy for youxxxHeart

Awesome news @eth, congratulations my friend Smiley Very HappyHeart

Congratulations on getting into the suicide prevention training program @CheerBear

Helllooo @Mazarita, @Sophia1, @greenpea

Thanks heaps @Shaz51. Hope you and Mr Shaz have had a good enough day ❤

Crazy days at the moment. First time I've been able to respond to anything today. Don't have much time now, but hope to come back to reply to more soon. For now, just two huge congratulations to...

@eth on your new grandchild! So wonderful the newborn has finally arrived, that you were told about it in a timely way, and are able to rest easier while you wait to see the new bub. Heart

@CheerBear, great that you have been accepted into the program. Perhaps the interruption to your studies, that has been so hard on you, is leading you to even more profound ways to contribute, as you do here on the forum, and I know you will in your new training and work. Heart

@everyone, sending good vibes all round for the rest of the night. Heart

Thankyou @CheerBear , we did have a okish day today , 

My step D1 is flying in to town tomorrow and staying for a night Smiley Very Happy

Hello @Mazarita, @Sophia1, @greenpea, @Exoplanet xx 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance