Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Hi @Mazarita and @CheerBear  and @outlander  hoping I haven't missed you.

Wow @Mazarita thata alot of videos to watch but sounds pretty cool too. Maybe they will keep asking you to be a judge since it's something you enjoy....

Morning @eth 💙

Good morning, @eth. Great to meet up with you in real time this morning. How was your yesterday, and how are you this morning? Heart

@outlander, there will be more videos coming in to watch, as the deadline is not until early December. Yes, it is a lot to watch, but most are quite short. I've got through the viewing of submissions to date in two long sessions over the past week. C was out on both occasions, which helped me concentrate and feel relaxed and receptive while watching them. As much as I love it when he is at home, this flat is so small that it can be hard to concentrate on anything I'm doing on the computer that requires special focus. They will change judges every year. I'm just so honoured that they invited me to do it this year, which is the first time they have run the competition.

Great to hear you had a good day yesterday @Mazarita. I can imagine getting a little lost warching the videos for the competition you're judging. Sounds like a really cool thing to be part of.

Thank you for your understanding and support. It's been a full on time but it isn't forever and I have to keep reminding myself of that when I am caught up in it all.

@outlander you're sounding really organised already. It's great to hear. I'd make soup and bring it to you if I could 😘

I'll be able to share some of my project. I have a pic of two squares I'll upload to the craft thread later if you'd like to see. And yes- waaaaaay too many ideas (not a bad thing!). Looking forward to seeing your shares when you get to them.

Morning @eth. Nice to see you also. Hitting post and will see whether you've posted how you're going. Hope it's well/well enough ❤

@CheerBear, great that you have been reminding yourself about this time not being forever. Hugs for it all and hoping things improve as quickly as possible from here. 

I don't feel lost in the video viewing, as I've been very organised with a spreadsheet and giving each video a score out of 100 as I've been watching it. That's not for anyone else's eyes but my own, but it helps me remember. I'm planning to watch the top-scored ones again. There's quite a number of them that I've given 80 or above and I want to give very careful consideration to how I decide the winner.

@outlander, really good reading about the progress with your dental surgery. So glad it will be happening under anaesthetic. That is a lot of teeth to have taken out at once. You will need to be kind and gentle on yourself afterwards. Glad you have the time to organise things with your pop for while you are away and the recovery period afterwards. I kind of wish it was coming up sooner for you, as you are in such pain and suffering fever from it. But it is good that there is a bit of lead up time to get prepared.

Thats great @Mazarita its good to hear your enjoying it and you've still got time left. I very much get the concentration thing. I havent been able to study the past few days due to my mind being elsewhere or like you i need my space to think as pop likes to hover or i just start and im needed so i like to do it in the quiet hrs or when hes out too.

Do you have many plans today?

@CheerBear your so sweet, i would take you up on that offer.
Umm that was a silly thing to say now wasnt it 'if youd like to see' umm that is a big YES and always will be a yes. 😉 😊

Lol no not always a bad thing but it kinda sucks only having 2 hands when youve got so many ideas to try out. I want to try out a bigger hook and thicker yarn though as im still on 8ply and the scarves and beanies for adults would probably benefit abit more from that sort instead

Just caught up on posts @Mazarita @CheerBear @outlander

Great to hear you've made so much progress with the video judging work Maz.  Hope you are finding some feel-good gems among them all.

CheerBear  Good on you for pushing for some other supports for your person in hospital and well one.  Sorry to hear of your panicked wake up, and sharing your room so that the other person was aware of what happened.  But it could be a good thing in a way as Maz said, for them to realise that you have your own stuff to deal with on top of everything else.  Glad to hear you're remembering that 'this too shall pass'.

Outlander sorry to hear you have to have so many teeth out at once.  Sounds like you are making some good plans for all the details surrounding having it done.  Maybe freeze some soups for yourself, or stock up on microwavable ones, and similar for Pop's meals.  Hope they also gave you some good pain relievers to get you through til you have it done.

My day yesterday was a quiet morning followed by 3 hours with a support worker.  Went to the drop-in centre gym and had an induction.  I like the rowing machine best as I rowed a lot in my teens.  Will possibly go there most weeks.  Then I picked up a few top-up groceries and we came home and spent some time ordering 'juice' for my vape and then checking out bus routes and times to get to my psychologist.  I'll have a practice run on that with my support worker on Wednesday.  So - making small steps toward my goals of increased health and wellbeing and independence with transport.  No plans yet for today but it might be a day of garden jobs with bro and sil.

Had a deep talk with bro last night which I found difficult and cried a couple of times.  About anxiety and emotional rationality.   too much to write about just now.

Apparently wisdom tooth extraction is considered major dental surgury which i didn't realise but it makes sense esp now shes described the process of it including scraping away some jaw bone to get the top 2 out as they havent erupted as yet. It was only suppose to be 5 but looking at the xrays they want to take the 6th one out as its been damaged from the wisdom tooth and will just cause problems later.
I probably wouldve gotten in earlier but their anaethetist works only part time ( local they do without them) and they also take a break between dec and January for a few weeks.
the more major works are either done there or they will refferr me to the hospital nearby for it so lots to talk about come the next appt.
My fever broke 3 days ago thankfully but was told to expect more between now and then but just go to drs and get stronger pain killers and antibiotics if need be. @Mazarita

@outlander, I really don't have any plans for today, but hoping that we might go visit our friend, the one I speak about most often. The flat is still clean from the flat inspection we had earlier in the week, and we have both made an unusual effort to keep it that way longer than normally happens. I like that we have a small flat, which is easier to clean in most ways. But it also gets messy much easier! Happy with myself for being more organised and onto it about housework lately. At the moment I feel better in a lot of ways than I have all year. 

@eth, how are you going with the vape? I gave up on mine as it was making me cough more than smokes. Awesome that you have been to a gym introduction and will be going most weeks from now on. Sounds like you are making really fast progress. Fantastic that you are already moving towards travelling by public transport. As I've become increasingly comfortable using it again over over recent years, I find myself actually looking forward to the trips now. Hugs for the tough stuff with your deep chat with bro last night. Hoping good things come out of it.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance