Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

No need to respond Hon - the support button is enough @outlander especially when I know you are struggling Smiley SadHeart

Hello Everyone 🙂

So glad to hear you got positive results back from your cardio test MazyHeart @Mazarita

I'm still in slack mode, though I'm daring to think perhaps it's not super anymore? I've had a couple of major break downs - gadgets, not my brain; went to wash the dishes the other day & no water came out of the hose! I checked the water tank level - it's chocka block full! 😄 & I don't know what made me think of it, but I also checked if the lights were working . . . . they weren't, so I knew it was a power problem. I checked a junction of wires that are the 12vt system {it's not a junction box because they're all connected inside an upside down honey jar 🙂 }, couldn't see any obvious problems, but in a mass of wires like that, I didn't have much chance. I checked the main solar system {which happenes to be built inside an old fridge 🙂 } as it is connected to the 12vt system & noticed the one an only fuse was busted. So then the search was on, it had a 20A glass fuse in it, most cars these days use wedge fuses, but I knew I had once had some glass fuses from an older car. A couple of hours later I'd found 1 30A glass fuse. The obvious problem was, even though it was a higher amperage, it's dimensions of size was much smaller. I don't know much about electricity, apart from the fact that it's mostly invisible, so I put some gloves on, which made manovering the small fuse I had, into the tricky fuse bracket with multiple sockets, kinda difficult. I accidently put it inbetween brackets . . . & then I heard the grey water pump kick in! I figured, it might have been an accident & it's a little stuck . .. but it's working! 🙂 . . . & so were the lights & water came back out of the hose 😄 I wondered what blew the fuse in the first place, all I can think of is I tried to recharge my torch & it was a bit odd. For a start the torch just suddenly stopped working, normally it flashes on & off before becoming completely depleted. When I plugged it in to recharged, the rechargers little green light came on, meaning it was fully charged, but when I unplugged it it wouldn't light up, whilst plugged in it would. I think that might indicate the rechargable battery inside the torch was finally completely had it. I had left it plugged in, in the hope that it may have been so flat that it needed charge before even indicating that it was charging, as I've noticed some gadgets {like my wireless modem} will do. I'm thinking maybe doing that was just drawing too much power from the system & that's what blew the fuse. I also think all of that may have led to the next drama - the very next morning I went to fill the kettle . . . & no water came out of the hose! AAUUGGHH!! I'd cleaned the inline water filter the day before, as I know that can affect the pressure & even stop the flow - so I knew it wasn't that, I checked the lights - they were working; I noticed the pump was staying on, I knew it had flow to the inlet of the pump . . . just nothing coming out of the outlet. This time I think it was the pump itself. I could heard the motor was still going, but it wasn't pumping. I'm thinking it all had to do with trying to recharge a battery that could no longer take a charge & it somehow burnt out the pumps motor in a  way that it no longer pumps. I've got a little 12v pump that came with a hot water system I recently bought, I didn't need the pump as I managed to hook the hot water system up to my existing plumbing {a hose that come from the little pump at the tank}. Having the water 'break' a second time was too much for my brain, at the time it put setting up the new pump into the 'too hard bracket', instead I found a bunch of plumbing fittings & managed to adjust the hose connections in a way that I could just hook the hose up directly to the tank; with it being so chocka block full, there's enough pressure, be it a trickle by the time it pushes it's way up to the sink, but I can wash the dishes. The pressure is a little better at the bathtub, as it doesn't have to push the water up as high. So I can function. I'm about to go out & look at connecting the new pump to the 12v power system . . . . wish me luck 🙂

@Zoe7 i still like to respond though, you took the time to write such a wonderful post, it warrants at least a thank you no matter how muddled my brain is. so Thank you Heart

Hows your day been?

That is ok Hon - I really do understand muddled brsin but I appreciate you feeling the need to respond also - sometimes life gets in the way @outlander and that is just the way it is - I certainly don't take things like that personally nor expect a response but thank you Heart

My day got off to a really slow start - slept through my pool time so didn't go - but have got a few things done this afternoon. The most important is I think I have finslly finished my sister's painting so am going to move it to the spare room now to dry. I have been doing a little research for my planning for Friday as wel - not sure exactly what I am going to do now but have a better idea of what I can pull together. I have both Maths and Science this Friday and as long as I can pull the planning together I will be okay with both lessons.

@Zoe7 Heart

im sure your sisters painting looks lovely! i know youve been working on it for a while now and have put alot of effort into making it just right.

Your doing a really great job with your planning. Having some ideas at least is a good place to start. Can i ask what grade/s your teaching?

Good afternoon, everyone. A very quiet day here. I seem to have needed it. Just woke from a nap, which I also seemed to need. All good with me, I think, just tired and recovering from intense inner world over the past while.

@Zoe7, thanks for thinking I did a lot yesterday. I suppose I did, but it was of the kind I find most natural to do, especially creative things. I used to find time to do those kinds of things even when I was sleeping 20 hours a day for a long time! I might have been unshowered, dressed in rags and rarely leaving the flat, but I was still creating most of the time. Kind of funny to think back on it now that I'm in a better place. The basic things of life have usually been the most challenging for me, and still are. By contrast, I find it so awesome that you have been able to get back into teaching, something that would leave me a quivering wreck on the floor, especially given the supervision you are under, which I would find so stressful. Enormously proud of you, Zoe, for covering the hard ground to get to this better place. Wishing you so much of the best in your ongoing journey with it. Great to hear you are also continuing your painting.

@eth, sorry to hear you have been having a hard time with your teeth, but glad there is some sign of improvement there. Nice that their colour is more natural and whiter, the latter an advantage of dentures! But I can imagine how odd it would be to have a different shaped mouth, and what a lot of getting used to that might be. I miss you and wish you were able to be here for the early morning chats we've been having lately, but know it is better for you to sleep, or keep resting. Great that you enjoyed the Queen movie so much. I'm keen to see it too, but will probably wait for it on the small screen somehow, as I'm really not in to movie theatres these days, weird given I used to almost live in them when younger. Also the expense puts me off. Your attendance to cleaning jobs lately is great. I haven't cleaned out the fridge for an embarrassingly long time. The 'deep cleaning' jobs often don't get done until inspection time, if even then! Great that your close friend and partner will be visiting. Hope you have a wonderful time.

@greenpea, missing chats with you too lately, but good to see you post a little greeting here and there. Hope the pea is going well and look forward to catching up again when the time is right.

@Appleblossom, good to read your messages too. It's like the old days at the moment, since neither of us seem to be on the forum as much as previously. By that I mean, those days when the forum was much much quieter in general, when live chat had really not become a 'thing', and we very rarely met in real time, just left messages for each other like letters, which would later collect and respond to. I still remember how good it was to know you then, as now.

@Shaz51, good to read of your various pets, sounds like you have had a big family of them over time. Is there any reason you don't have any now? Here it is mainly just the rules against pets in rental properties, haven't had any pets of my own since about the mid 1980s, when it used to be less of a problem for renters. Sorry your health had you feeling so weird recently. I wish you didn't have to work, seems so unfair with your difficult health. But I admire you for doing it anyway. Always hoping your health is treating you as kindly as possible, scotirish sister, and that Mr Shaz is treating you well too.

@outlander, good to see your forum face in this thread regularly, even when you don't feel like chatting much here. Hoping things are going okay, hopefully much better, for you. Sending hugs because I know that even at the best times, things are not easy. 

Well that's it for now. I've made myself late for Star Trek drafting this post, and most here will know what a sacrifice that is for me! But more than worth it to respond to good friends here, while I have the energy for some forum time today. Hope everyone enjoys some good moments this evening. Hugs to all that want or need them. Heart

Postscript: @Exoplanet, I just checked my email as this post was completed and saw a long message from you. Yay! Will come back later to read and look forward to responding to it soon. Heart

It's a grade 2/3 @outlander I have never had a grade 2 before - mostly taught 3/4 so I at least can plan for the grade 3 curriculum. There are a couple of really low grade 2's and high grade 3's so the spread of work needed is quite big - need to accomodate for the lower levels as well as extend those who are at the higher level.

It is really important that I find that balance between work and life outside of work @Mazarita because I have never been good at that - it was work 24/7 and very little sleep. I am going back knowing that I cannot sustain what I used to do and things such as continuing with my painting and other art forms is crucial in finding that balance. I used to come home and get stuck into work straight away - and even though I have only been doing half days I have been coming home and spending time with my fur babies, playing on here and then fitting in a little planning when I feel like it - not when I feel under pressure to do it and that makes a difference. I hope I can sustain that kind of balance - only time will tell Smiley Happy

great to hear from you @Exoplanet
good luck with the connecting the pump!

@Mazarita Heart

@Zoe7 that would make it really tricky then! and also a new learning experience for you too.
my sisters currently in yr 2 but thats a combined 1/2 class as hers is split in 'junior' and 'senior' so no 2/3 classes.
i can imagine it would be harder to have a combined grade class due to the reason you just said.

I know youll give them the best learning experience they can have though even with their differences, try not to doubt yourself to much Heart

@Mazarita Hi Mazzy yes I have been super tired lately and have only been able to push the support button or write a few 'Good Morning lines'. Plus I have been really busy with stuff and haven't been home that much to get on the computer and put my heart out there. No great news here (probably a good thing 'no news is good news' as they say). I think you are the one with all the news with everything that you have been doing. Love gp xxxxxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance