Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

@CheerBear   Spoke to the support worker.  Turns out we need to do paperwork assessing my progress on goals and what steps to take next.  So it's good I didn't have a plan for today.

Hi @Adge   how are you today?

Good morning @eth

Thanks for your well-wishes.

This surgery in 3 weeks time - is a direct result of my emergency bowel surgeries 3 & 1/2 years ago.

They took the staples out too early, they admitted.

The surgery wound split - they refused to re stitch or re staple it closed.

A massive scar had to form to close the wound - A very weak area, with my abdominal muscles having been so badly damaged.

So I've had a huge bulge  (serous hernia) there for over 12 months - in fact it's been there virtually the past 3 & 1/2 years  (since bowel surgeries).

The main scar is 30 cm long - & they're going to open me up all over again.

4th surgery.

I never wanted to see another hospital ever again...

Adge

Hi @eth I'm trying to make myself go to my yoga class  (right now).

It's my main motivating thing to look forward to.

I don't feel up to it, too tired & dopey.

But I should go anyway.

I hope you have a really good day.

Adge

So sorry to hear what you have to go through @Adge .  Hope you enjoy your yoga class.

Hello @Exoplanet Smiley Very HappyHeart

soo good you had some rain @eth , it poured again last night and today

Hello @Mazarita , @Adge , @greenpea , @CheerBear 

oh @Adge , my mum has been in hospital 3 times already this year xx

@Adge  Poor Adge so sorry you have to go through yet more surgery. How long will you be in hospital? Will you have support when you get home? It is awful what has happened to you. I just hope this time they get it right  and that you get well asap. greenpea xxxx

@Shaz51  Hi Shaz51 we had a huge thunderstorm here last night but not nearly enough rain. Please send some of yours down this way. Hope you are well. Love greenpea xxxx

Hi @Shaz51 3 times in hospital this year already, for your Mum - Oh, that's not good.

Hi @greenpea Thanks.

Hopefully just 4 days in hospital, as the surgeon said.

Although still several weeks of recovery, after that.

No, there's no support, I'm home alone.

4 years ago - Nothing was given me when I left hospital (after 16 days in & 2 emergency bowel surgeries).

I went home so weak that I couldn't cook for myself (or barely eat) - so I survived for 3 days on protein drinks only, & got much weaker.

Then I had to argue hard for a support package (from the hospital) - & only then did they arrange for a carer to come every day (for 2 weeks), to cook me a meal.

So finally I ate my first meal, about 4 days after coming out of hospital.

It is very hard to get them to agree to give you a support package - they just told me "Get your family to look after you".

I said "I have no family here" (in this state or city).

Hopefully I will not have a repeat of that experience, this time - although I will have to care for myself (at home after), because there is no one else here.

Adge

@Adge  can you stock up on microwave meals? Just to get you through fhe first few days? It is so unfair that you were treated so poorly. If only I was there you could have some of my world famous baked beans on toast with cheese and parsley 🙂 xxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance