Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A new start (kind of)

It is great that you have work @TAB but I can very much understand that body weary feeling with the aches and pains. Hope you get through the week okay - think of the money - that helps me get through the days when I am feeling like I can't do it anymore.

@MDT @eudemonism @greenpea @Appleblossom Hi to you all Smiley Happy

Gday @Zoe7 and @TAB

Hope your trainingis oaky @TAB Im off to qork for a three hour thing today. Least the rate is decent. Notngoing tomorrow. Hope youve settled in ok too my friend

It is good that you are getting work @MDT and the rate is good - every little bit helps Smiley Tongue

3 hours is a good time frame - not too much and you can do other things in your day when you finish. Catch up with you later today buddy Smiley Happy

Will do @Zoe7 🙂

hi all

hope you have a good shift @MDT 

hope you can have a restful day today @Zoe7 , you must have been so tired to fall asleep on the couch.

hang in there @TAB  you're doing great

I spoke to my brother last night overseas in the psych ward. He sounded a lot better than the first time we spoke. He said the medication is working so that's great. He's actually on the same med I was on a while back & I found it good too. 

My little cat is feeling entirely well and wants to go outside! But he's not allowed out until wed. I cancelled my social plans today as I didn't feel up to it. Oh well it saves money. Think I'll just walk to the shops to buy milk.

I have fallen asleep on the couch the last few nights @BryanaCamp but last night I stayed there - woke up about midnight and felt wide awake so it took a little time to get back to sleep. I need to stay awake today and then get an early night to be ready for work tomorrow. I have an early morning duty to cover the Principal and Assistant Principal who are either away or at an early meeting so I will need to get there earlier to do a couple of things I need to do for the day. I don't have any duties during the day so I can spend recess and lunch getting some other things done also for Tuesday.

It is so good you spoke to your brother, that he is on meds that seem to be working for him and he sounds better than last time you spoke to him. Hopefully this is a real turning point for him Hon and you can begin to worry less about him. It makes it hard when he is on the other side of the planet though and you can't talk to him more. Is he likely to come back home anytime soon?

you sound like you are under the pump @Zoe7 , a fair bit of time pressure. hope that headache has gone away.

Yeah, my sister is talking about bringing my brother here once he is well enough to leave hospital. I don't know if he'll be agreeable to that but I sure hope so.

Just feeling very head and body weary @BryanaCamp with too much to get done and little energy or motivation to do it - but it is what it is and I can only do what I can do. I have finished the washing up and picked up Toby's toys so that is something. I am going to get the washing off the line soon and then begin sorting out my school stuff.

I want to watch an AFLW game this afternoon then an NRL one later - both my teams are playing in each of those games so can do my school work while they are on. I was planning on putting some more rubbish on the trailer and taking it to the tip this weekend but I just have not had the energy. Maybe I can do a little of that after work this week - I seem to have a little energy straight after work before I crash each night but I am crashing earlier and earlier every day - a couple of times this week I have fallen asleep on the couch around 6pm and yet still feeling tired in the morning. I will push through though = one day at a time for now - and then just get to the next day.

It would be good for your brother to come home for ongoing support but when it comes down to it any decision needs to be his. We can provide the support, love and care as well as respect the decisions each one of us makes.

Still very stiff, it will take its time to get better, and only partially, but in the meantime I have to keep going'  Yesterday I started swaying out of beat to the music but in beat to my own physical pain, so I simply found a chair and sat during the performance.  It was not too disruptive as others moved at times for instruments and things.  Then later I had a calm quite sit down for an hour in the breeze.

@MDT @Zoe7 

Cheers ALL

Hi @Zoe7
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance