Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

I'm a bit overwhelmed and needing support.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh No @Zoe7

You had a wisdom tooth out!!!!! - oh my stars - that must have been a real event - I hope it wasn't impacted - antibiotics and pain killers I am sure - aw

I am sure there are better ways to pass the time - Smiley Sad - I guess it will take a while for the nerve block to pass off - I am thinking of you my dear friend and I hope things improve soon

Dec

What an afternoon - ouchWhat an afternoon - ouch

Luckily there weren't too many dramas getting it out @Owlunar - it took a while but eventually came out without having the bone impacted so that was good news. I am starting to feel it now but have painkillers on board so they should take the edge off. I am going to have my night meds early and try to get some sleep tonight as I barely slept last night with the pain.

I am so glad it wasn't impacted @Zoe7- I have had two of my wisdom teeth out - the anticipation was worse than the reality - I do remember - I still have two left on the right side and I need those two but mostly we don't need wisdom teeth

I hope the pain medication and the antibiotics and your sleepers etc all work together and get you some peace and some sleep and you must be tired by now

If you need pain killers during the night - don't wait - you can have them 4 hours apart and for some reason pain is always worse at night

I guess you will go to bed soon so I wish you a good night and hope things feel better in the morning

Dec

My night meds are taking a bit longer to take effect lately so might be here for a little while longer @Owlunar. Have you done some things for yourself today to help you get through it Dec?

Hi @Zoe7

Yes - we do tend to get used to our different medications - I hope you can sleep soundly when you get there though - I'm pretty sure if your dentist gave you some tablets that I know what they are - I just hope it all works for you

I didn't plan much today - I took my time getting up and spent time on-line and then spent some times tlaking to my provider about a new contract which includes a new phone - I have had this one for 3.5 year so this is a treat. I am getting a USB connection for my computer as well - then I saw my doctor in the afternoon and sorted some podiatrist visits for my in-grown toe-nail and I was fortunate to have a really interesting chat with another patient who had to wait for my doctor too

I had brought a little sweet treat for dessert today - it had some strawberry jelly on top of white chocolate and some kind of biscuit - it was just little and just lovely - I normally wouldn't indulge but it was yummy

When I had wisdom teeth out - that was a long time ago - I don't really remember what I did after the first day - I know I freak out when I need an extraction  - I was hoping you wouldn't need an extraction

And the day has passed 

Sending my best thoughts

Dec

Nobody told us there'd be days like thisNobody told us there'd be days like thisI had camelia bushes many years ago and one of them had flowers like thisI had camelia bushes many years ago and one of them had flowers like this

Pain meds are definitely helping @Owlunar - I can feel them working lol Now just wait for my night meds and I think I will be in nighty night land earlier than anticipated Smiley Surprised

All the best for a good sleep if possible tonight @Zoe7

It's been great chatting and I have you in my thoughts today

I need to lie down myself - I am having some pain and I need to finish up some chores tonight

Goodnight Zoe

Have I caught you before bed @Zoe7 ?

Yes Hon - still up - pain meds have kicked in so I am not feeling much lol @Faith-and-Hope

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance