Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: HOME

❤️ @utopia ....

Zoe7
Community Guide

That is really good news @utopia - both that you got out of the house to do something and that your cried - must have helped release some of that tension also. Smiley Very Happy

It is also really good that you did something for yourself nd saw a movie - getting out of the house is so important when we don't feel like doing anything - so well done in doing that - and seeing a movie is a huge bonus Smiley Very Happy

utopia
Senior Contributor

I still prefer the original  @Zoe7 With Barbara Streisand and Kris Kristofeson.  But was still worth seeing the remake. 

I've realised that I'm sleeping really well.  Takes me about half an hour or so to fall asleep,  and except for a toilet break,  I sleep right through the night.  Feels good.  Definitely helping with my mood in the morning. 

Owlunar
Senior Contributor

That's good to hear @utopia

A good night's sleep is definitely a good thing and helps us with the next day - no doubt about that

I know you've had a bleak patch - I hope things improve - this might be a good start

Dec

Zoe7
Community Guide

The original was a great movie so it would have to be outstanding to top that @utopia.

It is wonderful that you are sleeping - we both know how much that can help our mood - when I am tired I can't function at all and after years of running on empty it is good to finally be getting some sleep. It feels a bit to me like I am catching up on years without sleep and there are days when that is still all I want to do - sleep the day away...but having sleep at night helps significantly.

How are the meds going now - do you feel more able to cope with things?

utopia
Senior Contributor

@Zoe7. I don't feel irritable anymore.  Depression still lurking,  but not 100% focus. So a lot better. 

Something still feels off.  Don't know what it is or how to describe it. But I'll pull through. 

Am very bored.  Reading.  But I can't do that all day. Bored. 

Zoe7
Community Guide

Boredom can be just as destructive as the depression @utopia - if we don't find things to do then it can affect our mood also - I definitely know that first hand. You are right - you can only read for so long. I have my art to do so that is something that I can get stuck into when I feel like it - my biggest problems are motivation and energy. Sometimes I have neither and that doesn't help with my mood. I know you are not a big joiner of groups so that won't help you - how about some time in the garden?

utopia
Senior Contributor

@Zoe7 Too late tonight for the garden.  But I do have a lot of weeding to do so the Shire doesn't fine me. 

Lack of motivation and energy is hard Zoe.  I struggle with it almost every day. 

Zoe7
Community Guide

I so get the lack of motivation and energy @utopia I think that is the hardest thing about depression - you know you should be doing things but your body and mind just won't come to the party - makes it extremely hard to move forward in even baby steps.

Hopefully doing some of the weeding, despite it being necessary from the shire, will help you out in the energy stakes a little. It does make it hard when you need to do it though and it is not something you really enjoy.

You think it might be the heat @utopia

it was 37 degrees up here today even the fridge was struggling

tomorrow is suppose to be 40 degress

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance