Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Queenie
Community Elder

Lacking motivation. How to get my mojo back?

I've been seriously lacking the motivation to much at all of late. I'd rather just stay in bed all day. Don't get me wrong, I still do things, but only half heartedly. I am lacking enjoyment in anything. I'm supposed to the city's RNA show this weekend. Usually, I'd be excited at the prospect of seeing all the horse events, but I really don't care if I see them or not. I'm supposed to be studying, but can't be bothered either. 

Has anyone got any tips for getting my mojo back?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Lacking motivation. How to get my mojo back?

I don't have any good answers for ya @Queenie but I feel similarly much of the time. Getting adequate sleep seems to help me to feel more energetic/motivated, but aside from that I just try not to focus on supposed-to's (e.g. this is supposed to be fun, or I'm supposed to do this thing while I have time) and not put too much pressure on myself to get anything done.
If it's "supposed to be fun" but seems like work, then is it still something that I want to do or am I better off doing something else instead? People change, interests change, and it's ok to move on to something else if there's days where you're just not feeling it.

@Queenie I have been the same cant seem to find the motivation to do things I want to do latley. I think maybe it is winter. But I have been makeing my self do stuff but I dont seem to enjoy them as much when I do that

"Ditto". Just came back from pdoc talking about this.

I hear ya I'm a clean freak be4 all this and being dignosed with BPD I'm just so depressed I can't sleep or eat haven't in over a week only 2 hours sleep per night max and prob 2 meals in a 7 days period so I'm really hoping it gets better as I'm so weak ATM I just wanna feel normal like I want the happy go lucky person I used to be back then I miss the old me that person is long gone I think 😞
Stay strong this mental illness stuff isn't the easiest thing so don't be too hard on urself I have learnt this week as we are our own biggest fan and worst enemy
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance