Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

1stepup61
Senior Contributor

My Story So Far!

Hi, i have not been posting for a long time. i have been having intense therapy, so its been a rough road for awhile. I've decided to write my post, so i can be honest with myself. i have had episodes of mental illness through out my life. I think its both nature & nurture for me, so i realise i now need to change my lifestyle & habits, so i can manage my mental illnesses & find quality in my life. Avoidance & other things have been my way of coping in the past, but thats not working for me now & i want to change now. I dont know if i can change my old ways, but i want to try! i feel like i have been given a second chance at life. So, I am making a promise to myself to try & do the best i can for me from now on. I'll be taking very small steps & I am going to do this for me. So, thanks for reading this & I am glad this site exists, so i can put this out there, as a pledge to myself to try. Bye from @1stepup61

3 REPLIES 3

Re: My Story So Far!

Hi @1stepup61

I'm so pleased to hear that you're backing yourself and making changes for yourself. You should be really proud of yourself!

These Forums can be a great place to keep on track and get support where needed. There's one particular thread you might find helpful through your journey, it's call Daily goals, motivation and check in It's a place you can share your short and long term goals and check in and report back on how you're travelling. 

Looking forward to continuing to read your updates.

Do any members have any tips on how to take those small steps and keep working towards goals?

Hi @1stepup61,

Thanks for this courageous post. Im wondering how you have been going since posting this? Also thought you might be interested in this oldish thread on Changing habits 

Heart

Hi @Chamomile, thanks for your post & thread suggestion, i will read it later tonight. I am ok since posting, but i decided today i am going to just focus on each day & what i need to do that day. The big thing for me is not letting my self talk take me down! i have been frightened to move forward, maybe its leaving the comfort of what i know, even if its not the best place to be? I dont feel as scared as i was, so thats a positive i think! Thanks for reading & commenting on my post, it feels good to be heard. Thank you! Bye from @1stepup61

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance