Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: The anniversary of my stolen childhood

Thankyou @Former-Member

Hi @Former-Member, @BlueBay. Thank you so much for sharing. I don’t feel like I’m alone anymore. I lost my virginity at the age of 4, and I still blame myself for eating a strawberry ice cream cone. Even now, I cringe when I see pink foods. I still have trust and boundary issues, but I’m get help now. I don’t trust men, but I’m not too fond of women either. 

I just really wanted to thank you. It helps me to know that I’m not the only one. I do honestly empathise with you.

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to pass by here this morning and send some kind hugs. There are some really difficult things being discussed here and while sharing is so important, so is self care. So just a reminder to take care of yourself when sharing these experiences, if you feel triggered, take time out or slow it down and get a cup of tea and come back to this when you feel like it or even balance out by switiching to social threads at times too. Heart

Hi @Lauz
I agree self care is important. I'm trying to do that but it's difficult.
Life throws some horrible stuff and it's hard to deal with. It's so not fair what we have to go through.
I'm angry today so I need to release this anger before it gets worse.

@Annabelle4,
I'm so glad that my sharing this has helped you to know that you do not suffer this struggle alone.
Unfortunately it is not as uncommon as some of us who suffer believe but it does mean that we can learn and support each other through experience.
I used to feel like no one would truly understand what I went through often people were skeptical of my story even when plastered all over the news and news papers when he was court. I was told by one person that my story was a lie because you cant lose your virginity that young. But when you look past the ignorant there are the one who believe and support and also the ones who suffer the same torment.
If you ever want to talk or ask questions feel free but one piece of advice I will pass to you now that I was given when I started my healing journey is:
You cant begin to truly move forward till you view yourself as a survivor and not a victim.
Remember that what you suffered was horrible and should not have been but you made it past it and are still here today. That proves you are a strong person and that can move forward it may be tough and the road bumpy but you have already achieved so much.

@Lauz after recent happening the last few weeks self care has become a main focus in each day
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance