Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

BambiFawn
Senior Contributor

a personal milestone

In October this year '17, I have not been in hospital for ten years.  This is a personal milestone.

Moreover, I was discharged in 2010 as in remission of mental illness and discharged from the Govt. psychiatrist and community mental health. 

I've done remarkably well.  But when my mother sent me abusive sms text messages I started to hear my mother's voice again.  But just took more medicine as Doctor told me to and was better. There are still triggers to hearing her voice but I'm coping well and stable once more.

15 REPLIES 15

Re: a personal milestone

1/3rd of people suffering schizophrenia go into remission, so I am one of the lucky ones. 

I was hoping somebody would be nice and reply to my topic on the thread ..

@BambiFawn - how fantastic. 7 years remission!!! That is fantastic. Well done.

@utopia, thanks a bunch of roses for your caring words.

Content/trigger warning
Cat Very Happy

Yey, I should have a little party haha..me and the kitty and my friends.

10325789_10152004804706237_1348785729786162212_n.jpg

@BambiFawn you deserve a party

Yes @BambiFawn It is a great PERSONAL milestone and can give the GENERAL PUBLIC hope especially any people or families touched by this difficult illness.

Smiley Happy

Thanks dear lovely @utopia,
Yes a party for all lol.

@Appleblossom, actually more and more people are being affected by schizophrenia in this drug culture.

My dear Christian friend takes a little marijuana from time to time and he ended up hallucinating.  He thought he saw the CIA reading newspapers in the street, told his friends, they disagreed with him and he ran off.  So he experienced drug induced psychosis or a schizophrenic episode. 

Btw for the record I don't take drugs or condone drugs, and I have never taken drugs.  I only tried mull once or twice.  Most politicians even admit to trying mull once in their university days lol.

Thank you dear Appleblossom for your kind words. 

Blessings  

Good On YOu @BambiFawn

It is very sad if schizophrenia becomes more frequent. 

I have had a fair amount of experience with it over the years, my story is all over the forum.

Drug cultures also are often cultures without good communities, but then sometimes that is not true.

What is good is that their are ways to live with and manage.

Take Care Bella

Thanks dear @Appleblossom,

Yes, it is true when my parent said that 'drugs lead to crime'.

As you know there is an ice epidemic atm, and this leads to delusional thinking, voices, psychosis and aggressive, violent behaviour, family dysfunction and crime. Let's get drugs off the streets.

This young generation seem to have gravitated towards drugs, especially marijuana.  Take it from me, when my child became a teen, they mixed with unbelievers and unsavoury people of bad calibre who were smoking marijuana, they too tried it, became addicted and then tried ice.  This combination of ice and marijuana made them hallucinate badly, hearing voices.  Nobody wants this hellish existence hallucinating for any loved ones.

I'm not saying that everyone who smokes marijuana are bad people.  Some people do need it for medicinal purposes.  But cannabis use can lead to schizophrenia and psychosis and it's not worth it. 

Hugs and blessings sweetie Appleblossom.  All the best luv. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance