Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

BambiFawn
Senior Contributor

coping well

I'm, coping well after placing healthy boundaries in my life from family domestic violence. 

Not all families are a loving functional unit.  Some relatives can be bad and start quarrels.

It is true you can choose your friends but not your family.  So I am keeping only good company as the Bible tells us to.  

I feel really well and empowered now.  My auntie said to have nothing to do with relatives that belittle me or abuse. 

I'm so happy. Praising Beloved Jesus and Father God for looking after me.  I relinquish the care of these bad relatives to him, and praying the conviction scripture, that God will convict my mother for her abusive words and deeds to me and inducing my illness. God is my Vindicator. 

God is working in the background, praying and interceding for us all.  'All we have to do is give God our worries/ problems, cares to God in prayer.' 1 peter 5:7  

10710706_589115714568339_3337422684114858584_n.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

Re: coping well

Hello @BambiFawn Smiley Very Happy

Yes , give it all to God my friend ,'All we have to do is give God our worries/ problems, cares to God in prayer.' 1 peter 5:7  -- very true @BambiFawn and then for us to forgive and to forget  our worries

also it is great having friends like we have here on the forum to help, encourage and being here for each other

I am glad you are doing better @BambiFawn

I have never heard of "the conviction scripture" before, but also coincidentally been overwhelmed about thinking about the INJUSTICES from my extended family.  I have never believed in punishment and so it is torture for me personally to think someone needs it, or to wish it on them.  My mind does not go there probably due to incredible christian brain washing. We all My extended family were abusive to my mother and the WWII were abusive to them.  There can be so many ripple effects. 

Some people believe in Natural Law.  Consequences are often needed for people to change bad behaviours though.

Take care

Apple

dear lovely @Shaz51,
Yes forgiveness of my mother is the easy part, it's the healing of the memories which is the hard part.
Forgetting can be hard to because my mother keeps on using my child's phone to send abusive texts or using social media in another person's name.
It's so hard to understand why my mother would say such cruel bad words to me behind closed doors. Par example she cruelly said to me " I'll give u hell and terror if u stay.'....
Also the problem is it's not just historical, the abuse from my mother, but it is alive and dynamic.
Thanks for being so kind and caring dear Shaz. God bless
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance