Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

BambiFawn
Senior Contributor

mother's words

Sadly I have been abused by my mother in episodes through the months and years.  It has been a disruption to my life.

She has been even using isolating and ignoring me as a psychological form of abuse.  My mother hasn't spoken to me for 3 months.  When she did talk to me it was to lie and say in front of my child, that she loves me (when she told me plainly before she does not love me)but my illness clouds my judgement,(which it doesn't i don't get delusions my psychologists say) that I'm to stop calling her names (which i never do- I'm Christian) and that my illness is to blame not her, and implying she never abused me and that i'm delusional over her words and she never said them (untrue) and she said meanly I'm trying to get sympathy from all my Christian friends.

Well, I'm not sure why my child and mother are calling me bad names and gaslighting either.  They keep calling me names like ' I'm a manipulative shizophrenic, delusional and gaslighting me for my illness and using my illness as a weapon against me.

I'm listening to Adam lambert to cheer me up.  Been crying all night and hearing a muffled mother's voice under the stress, which i seldomly get.  Taken extra meds to help. 

7 REPLIES 7
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: mother's words

Hi @BambiFawn im so sorry to read about how hard things are with your mother at the moment 😞 its so hard to have thing twisted against you, especially with mi related ways. I have experienced this through family court and its just incredibly hard.
I hope that listening to Adam Lambert helps and that you get some sleep and wake feeling stronger again tomorrow. take care of you

what is gaslighting?
Former-Member
Not applicable

gaslight
ˈɡaslʌɪt/Submit
verb
gerund or present participle: gaslighting
manipulate (someone) by psychological means into doubting their own sanity.
"in the first episode, Karen Valentine is being gaslighted by her husband"

@Neelix 🙂

cheers @Former-Member...I'd never heard that term before...well there you go

Thank u dear @Former-Member,
Ya, I'm okay but need to rest a lot now to heal myself.
I've put healthy boundaries in place now again.
Thank you for being so caring.
BambiFawn

Hello @BambiFawn im so sorry to read about how hard things are with your mother at the moment

sending you tender hugs my friend HeartHeart

Thank u dear lovely @Shaz51,
you are so caring, and I'm beary grateful.
God bless you.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance