Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: rough time

Hi @Shaz51, and yes I do like horses. Always had horses to ride when I was a kid on the farm. Either the farm owners or our own. Where I live now, there are horses on the property which joins our boundeary. They have 15 acres there and have 4 horses and a number of cattle too. I do like having livestock around, it reminds me of the farm we sold to move up here almost 10 years ago. 18hh ??? that is one very tall horse your cousin had. I think the tallest horse I've ever ridden was 16.2hh. For anyone who doesnt know what hh means. Horses are measured in 'hands'. 16.2hh equates to 5ft 6in for a horse. The measurement is taken from the ground to the highest point of the horses wither. 1hh = 4 inches.

Hi @MDT
@outlander - sorry I havent been around. Just not good today. When I was only little, my first pony was 11.2hh, a beautiful little dapple grey mare. Later my sister and I bought a retired race horse going real cheap because it was during a drought and she was starving. She was 16.2hh, a bay mare. We bred foals from both of them over the years, broke them in and sold some.

Sherry 💜

is that too high for a horse @Former-Member, @outlander, I will have to ask my cousin , it seems like a long way up , but I was only 14 then xxxx

18 hands is a big horse @Shaz51 i was comfortably ridding 17.1 until he turned nasty and i had the more serious accident.

Its ok @Former-Member theres no pressure to be here. Is there anything i can help you with?
Former-Member
Not applicable

@Shaz51 - No not too high. There are a lot of horses of 18hh. Mostly thoroughbreds I think, but also a lot of working horses like the very beautiful Clydesdale. When we lived on the farm before moving here, there was a clydesdale stud just near us. They didnt ride them, but they took them to shows and used them for horse drawn carriages etc. They are really beautiful horses, very gentle.
Thanks @outlander, its okay. I have appreciated the distraction. Nothing you can help with unfortunately. But thanks for asking.
Sherry xx

Thats ok @Former-Member just tag me if/whenever you need 💗

@Former-Member, @outlander, have you had any fur babies before , I have had lots xxx

Ive had alot of furbabies @Shaz51 dogs cats horses a goat, cows, guinea pigs and rabbits, a snake, little green tree frogs and birds. Not all at the same time but iver the yrs esp when we brought 2 girl guinea pigs but they definently both werent girls! Had 9 babies plus the parents at one point. Separated them pretty quickly after that incident!

yep @outlander, I have had dogs, cats , guinea pigs, fish, budgies , love birds, galahs, turtles , fighting fish

we brought 2 girl guinea pigs but they definently both werent girls! Had 9 babies plus the parents at one point--- ha ha one way to find out xoxo

Yes happened with the rabbits too only they were suppose to be males! @Shaz51 🤔 nope definently not.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Yes @Shaz51, same as @outlander, always had pets or animals on the farm. Always a kelpie sheep dog, usually a family terrier of some sort as well. Mostly a farm cat or two but always outside. And every year a bunch of poddy lambs, sometimes a poddy calf or two as well. Rabbits, birds, a fox once, possums, baby kangaroos, ferrets, fish. Always had chooks, and sometimes pigs.

Sherry 🐕🐈🐰🐤🐑🐂🐖🐠

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance