Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: All Things Sport...

No @Zoe7  you haven’t asked. I kept it quiet but as I know your teams I follow 🐋 the Cronulla Sharks.

💙🖤💙

One of the best grand final wins a few years ago from your team @Eve7 It was a great year for the underdogs 👍

One of the most wonderful experiences of my life being at that game.

@Zoe7 

Oh wow @Eve7 That would have been. So thrilled for you that you were there. I think I rode every pass and every kick in that final hoping so much that Cronulla would pull it off ...it certainly was a fairytale ending to the season and so glad you could feel that elation of the win.

It was just the best game ever @Zoe7 When Melbourne scores late in the second half

I was so scared and went to the ladies but just told myself “get yourself together, it’s not over yet” and the rest is history...I’d waited many years to see them win.

haha I know that feeling @Eve7 In the 2000 AFL grandfinal I left the room in the last 5 minutes because it was so close and I couldn't bare to watch. I came in for the last minute to see my team win - I wasn't at the game itself of course but that win was one I had been waiting a lifetime to see so it was pretty special. My sister and I celebrated the whole night 'on the town' - didn't get home until daylight the next day lol

I know the feeling @Zoe7  as we caught the train back to our parents’ home with a train load of very happy people. Then next day we went to Shark Park after being in the streets of Cronulla only a few hours earlier.

I had not been to the Olympic Stadium since 2000 when we witnessed possibly the biggest disaster at the Olympic Games so I was super scared the same thing would happen but it didn’t.

What was the disaster that happened at the Olympic Games @Eve7 ?

The girl leading the racewalk was disqualified just as she was about to enter the stadium and win the gold medal.

I was devastated for her @Zoe7 

Oh I do remember that @Eve7 It was such a horrible moment for everyone - especially since she was so close to the finish.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance