Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Anyone feel like chatting?

It's a lot of fun 🙂 My supervisor is incredible too. She's giving me sales techniques, store management ideas and job interview ideas. My issue is, apart from dressing well and being polite, I can't sell myself. I say all the wrong things and then I get flaustered and embarrassed. She's offered to help me with that. I'm really lucky. 🙂

What;s your favourite colour? I also love doing people's colours on here. I clearly can't see a pic of you due to rules but I can help people with shopping for shape, colours and such by description, Personal shopper is another dream job 🙂

Morning @LadyleahRDBloom ..... 😊

It does sound like fun, and don’t worry, the nervousness will wear off when you are doing this all the time ..... and your confidence in saying the right sort of things will grow.

It’s hard for me to narrow down a favouritecolour because I sparkle over so many, but when pressed, it’s probably Cerise.  I find it hard to wear greys and yellows, love jewel tones, pastels, rainbow hues ..... hehehe ..... you’re talking to an artist ...,,

Hourglass / vase shape .... and there is lots of me .... 😏

We're the same shape!!!!

Ok. do you like V necks? From the sound of it you may have an Angelina Jolie colouring, correct me if I'm wrong. I am guessing you could be a warmer colour pallette then I am. I'm a cool, winter pallette but I adore burnt oranges. I never touch yellow unless it's mustard. I favour greys, amethyst and lavenders along with pastels and royal blue and bright reds. I love white but whenever I wear it I spill something on it, not good.

I'm hoping to gain more confidence. After I lost my mum, I was shaken up a lot and fam weren't exactly good at helping me though they tried. It's really up to me to help myself. Mum would have wanted it that way to be honest.

Yes .... warmer colour palette ..... I struggle with mustard and have to be careful with pale lavenders if they tend towards grey .....

I am sorry to hear you lost your Mum ..... I did too ..... quite a few years ago now, but it does take some getting over when you were close in heart.  Hugs Hon ..... be gentle with yourself, and yes, celebrate the things she would have loved.  It’s a healing way ....

I have got to dash to get to class ..... talk some more later  .... 🌷💕

Sadly a lot of colours can drain us or make us look red in the face. My dad wears the wrong colours all the time and ends up looking like a tomato. He gets a bit ... We don't try to change his mind. He can look like a fool for all we care. 

Mum and I were very close and this led to a lot of people on my fathers side of the fam resenting our relationship and not wanting to respect it. It's none of their business and if I could do it all over again, I would. I regret nothing. I just miss my mother and sometimes being happy without her means lying in bed crying or watching Tom Cruise films and not getting up and conquering the world. That's my reality and I wish my fam could understand that.

I am being very gentle to myself. Today am writing a blog , cooking spaghetti and culling my plus size clothes. I'm offically a 12 to 18 🙂

Spaghetti recipe here 😄

Bolognese or Ragu.

Beef, pork or kangaroo mince, you can use chicken.

Two cups of cold water

Grated carrot

one of the following

Red capsicum aka red bell pepper
yellow capsicum
green capsicum.
slice finely.

Sliced bacon or chorizo, bacon if it's a spaghetti sauce.

1 Sliced eggplant

2 sliced onions

4 sliced tomatoes or a large tin of roma tomatoes

one jar of pasta sauce

One to three splashes of a deep, smokey red. You can use a sweet red but I find rich, bold flavours are better and punchier.

one small tub of organic tomato paste-it adds extra zing. You don't have to add it.

Chilli flakes

six to eight olives. If it's just for you add three due to salt.

Garlic! I add powder but you can add fresh or crushed.

Spinach or kale.

Caramelise all vegetables then add the mince. add water to keep the meat from drying out, add carrot last.

Stir frequently. the aim is to keep everything tender and blended.

You can have this as a stew with some bread or as a spaghetti sauce. Add beans and then you'll wind up with a gorgeous burrito.

,                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

I remember reading these last two posts you made @LadyleahRDBloom, but it looks like the Supported tags didn’t stick .....

Hi @Matthew @soul ..... 👋

I have just made it to a local centre swimming pool, and I gotta tell ya, it looks like another swimming pool outside the window ..... I don’t think it rained this much across the whole winter, and there is supposed to be a special horse race on here today.  Anyone could win in this ..... not that I am following it ..... I just can’t believe how much it’s raining !!

I haven't swum for a while @Faith-and-Hope. Must get back into it. I did have a dip in the ocean last week though and enjoyed that.

This pool is a good walking depth @soul.  I find it’s good for toning me up.  

A dip dip in the ocean sounds lovely 😊 

Ha - I did have two dips @Faith-and-Hope with a walk in between.

Don't you just love freshly washed bed sheets? - one of life's simple pleasures.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance