Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Word for the Day - Comfort or Play

Hey there my beautiful friend 🌹❤️

How beautiful is this 🌹:ok_hand:

Me too

Calm for me is quiet . . . . & quietly looking over water . . . . perfect @Shaz51 Heart {though maybe not too much water where it shouldn't be?}

Word for the day ..... BIRDSONG

I find birdsong uplifting, usually, and although many people don’t like magpies for their behaviour, I find their warble enchanting.  

We we had a lot of magpies in the trees across from our house in a place we lived during the happiest days of my marriage and family life.  It was a joy to hear them in the mornings, and like @CheerBear I used to like sitting out in the peace and quiet of early morning listening to them, cuppa in hand, before the time came around to getting the kids up and moving towards school.

or @utopia  re back verandah cuppa etc @Faith-and-Hope I had magpie visitors for a while when put scraps out and native pigeons seem to be back. Think they only come here to mate and have little ones then go away and never sure which generation it is that comes back. the last lot of younger ones were getting a bit scary, landing on back of chair while I was sitting in it and using clothes on line as their toilet lol.  

Yes @TAB .... that’s @utopia  and @Kurra too .... 😊

How good are magpies!! We have a family that lives here - we've been in the same house for 12 years so I guess it's the same family - just new generations. Pretty cool. From what I understand, they start to recognise your face and that's why they wont; swoop you when they know you (I should add I have done no research about that...just heard it somewhere...) Yeah - sitting out in the backyard with them is pretty special. Definately one of those things to add to my list of stuff to be grateful for 🙂 

Hi @Betharina and welcome to the forums 👋

That does make sense, because domesticated animals do recognise “their” people, and wild animals can develop a relationship with humans.  I know the giant lizards up north in Australia will come and hang out around the kitchen door in mining camps, fearless of people, knowing that there is a free feed in it for them, and they get to know the regular folk there .... sea birds like pelicans the same, sometimes quite far inland.  Why wouldn’t magpies get to know us ?  Interesting, isn’t it ?!

Yep it's pretty cool. It's quite special when something wild choses to hang around with you. It's got no real reason to (well...maybe apart from food!!) :

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance