Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

Hi @Fee1 things ok just don’t feel that ok if that makes sense re perceptions

That sounds really sensible @Zoe7 ....

Yes, it felt good getting those notes out of the way, and there weren't more in that class today, which gives me a break to give my attention to other things tonight.  I am planning to take some time out to make a couple of cards .... and do that every now and then so I have a little stash of them.

That sounds wonderful @Faith-and-Hope Then you have them on hand to give out or send to people when you need. It is also a good self-care activity Smiley Very Happy

Hopefully you will be able to get an early night again and catch up on some of that lost sleep over the last week or so. I am planning on an early night myself tonight - then hopefully I can begin tomorrow early and get a few things done. It is forecase rain again so no outside work but plenty to do inside. I have had another stomach ache tonight - not quite as bad as yesterday but still enough to stop me doing anything but resting so there is a lot I still need to get done. My house needs a tidy up again and I know I will feel even better when I have done that.

What classes do you have tomorrow?

I have Drawing studio tomorrow @Zoe7, just the one class, so I am hoping to get to the pool again in the morning.  That helps to tire me out to sleep well too, apart from having to keep working at toning myself up a bit.  There is a mindfulness self-care aspect to it too, as you would know.

I do Hon - my favourite day is Thursday because I usually have the pool to myself for 5-10 minutes before the kids classes begin. I really enjoy that time to float around and just feel the water around me. I am definitely going tomorrow - would have gone today if I didn't have appointments @Faith-and-Hope Smiley Tongue

Drawing studio class - is that a computer based one or actual drawing?

Actual drawing .... 🤩

We explore different mediums and techniques.

@Zoe7

oh that is a class I would love to be in with you @Faith-and-Hope Tomorrow afternoon I will imagine I am there with you Smiley Very Happy

We are doing collage work tomorrow @Zoe7.  I think there is a lot about this course you would enjoy.  I hope there is a time in the not too distant future where you can attend some TAFE art classes, just for the enjoyment of it and inspiration Hon .... some you-time as part of your recovery.

I looked up what is offered down here already and it seems most are full-time - much life yours. Not even any night classes I could do but I will look into it a bit more once I am back at work and settled in there. The biggest issue for me is going to be tiredness and what I can handle to balance work and ME time. I don't want to get stuck back in that 'work is my life' scenario again - it is probably part of what sent me over the edge the first time - in hindsight this 'crash' was bound to happen at some point as I worked so hard and for such long hours and did very little to nothing for myself. That needs to change. I need to be able to continue doing DBT and have my appointments as well as keep going to the pool - plus have time for myself just to BE - enjoy time with Toby and Cat and find time to do the things I love. One thing I am determined to do this Summer is get my kayak out again (sorry - will need to take it off Port Melbourne beach for a couple of months lol).

yes @Faith-and-Hope, we have a very special friend here called @Zoe7 who is encouraging , supportive , caring xoxo

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance