Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

Angry/Agitated, someone tell me to shut up, withdrawing cause I dont really feel like speaking to people

good angry morning if your still up at this hour Smiley FrustratedIm Angry ,snappy,dont wanna speak to people really,sleeping alot,and obsessiving over Special someone who I again baraged with a bunch of messages all about me putting myself down,Im over waiting for him to show up and yet at the same time Im angry that he even wanted me in the first place why should a man,any man want me romantically? why ? yes Im probly being way too clingy at the moment but of course this all stemmed from him not seeing me for a month so now Im angry and resentfull for a few things although he claims he wont reject me ,right now I feel like screaming at him but that certainly wont do any good will it?

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Angry/Agitated, someone tell me to shut up, withdrawing cause I dont really feel like speaking to people

I hear you. Being angry is uncomfortable and it's usually telling us something if we can get our heads around it.

Can you give yourself permission to be angry? It's always good to release a bit of anger in a way that won't hurt you (or others).

When I am angry I scream (in the car by myself away from others)

I punch a pillow

I do star jumps

I walk

I'd love to hear what works for you to release a bit of steam! I'm agitated too right now, you are not alone x

You're right, screaming at someone isn't very effective. Scream it out to us on here.

Hope you're feeling a little bit settled by now x

Re: Angry/Agitated, someone tell me to shut up, withdrawing cause I dont really feel like speaking to people

@LostAngel 

Hi its been a few hours since you posted and I'm up (earlier than usual). How are you feeling now?

I think its great that you recognise your angry and agitated and what you do and don't want to do.

I think you are right about screaming at him and that it wouldn't do any good. 

I'm not sure anyone can answer your questions except the man you speaking about. I wonder if journalling would be useful for you to recognise why you feel the way you do about yourself ie way too clingy, why should a man, any man want you romantically. I'm sure you have wonderful qualities as everyone does. 

I hope you are feeling less angry and agitated this morning and looking forward to your response. 

Hello @LostAngel I think you need to express your anger and irritation even though it may not be fitting.  Just say what is bothering you and make it known. 

Wars aren't won by offering peace.  Sometimes we have to fight for what we want even though its culturally unacceptable for a woman to do so.

Try and align with your inner compass to establish what it is that you want vs. what you are not getting from others. 

I would not be entering into smouldering conflict with your boyfriend - just state what your needs are and leave it at that rather than suppressing it.

You may not be used to expressing anger. I would be exploring that theme in my life if I were you - your approach to anger and how to best manage it when you are hurt and irritated.

Stay away from alcohol, stimulants and violent people and places. You can use this time of retreat for genuine self reflection on how to steer your boat.

Just sit with the uncomfortable feelings for now.  What are the ways to engage with less irritability?   You can pacify discordance.  I drink warm water instead of cold water as its very balancing to the body (ayurveda) it produces an incredible grounding effect!!!  You would be very surprised at what warm water can do its something that is easily overlooked

I also use crystals such as howlite for rage and bronzite for courtesy & diplomacy but you have to know how to cleanse them and charge them first.

Good luck honey, I hope you can resolve something with your boyfriend.  

Sending positive ju-ju your way!

Hi @SmilingGecko, I'm hearing you have found a lot of great strategies for yourself like crystals for example. These are excellent suggestions @LostAngel may like to try, though it is also important to recognise that different strategies will work for different people. 

Thanks @TideisTurning I have used these strategies myself with great benefit. 

Ultimately its up to the person themselves to see which strategies they prefer to go with in their own lives.

You can't make someone believe in the efficacy of something if its not a choice they would usually make, it has to sit well within a person as you suggest Heart

I'm just a person that loves other options. If it resonates - good. If it doesn't then that is ok!

thanks @Jorge 

thanks @pinklollipop15 

thanks @SmilingGecko 

thanks @TideisTurning 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance