Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Dissociative Identity Disorder Carers?

Home again... I think it went well?

She's got a case manager for a bit, a lady who's worked with her previously. We were able to talk with this lady about the inconsistent and sometimes dismissive or otherwise unhelpful response we've gotten from the local mental health unit. She's offered a few helpful suggestions in that regard. Psychiatrist seemed reasonably helpful, but within the constraints of a system set up for crisis management, not ongoing care. Which means I'm still puzzled as to why they won't work with the psychiatrist providing the ongoing care?

So Older Daughter's back home, can't guarantee she's 100% safe, but it sounds like better backup is going to be put in place.

@Smc images (31).jpeg

Checking in @Smc

@Smc 

images (26).jpeg

I'm back.... we arrived home dinnertime yesterday.

Love peonies @Former-Member, ta. 🙂

Trip up to my parents' place went fairly well. We were all pretty tired so didn't get any sorting done, but did manage getting another trailerload of furniture, books and plants back here. We got to see some friends and spend some time with Younger Daughter, as well as visiting Mum and Dad. All worthwhile things to do.

Got a late phonecall from Older Daughter as we were dozing off last night. She had neck and back pain which she said was so severe that she was having trouble breathing, so she was thinking about calling an ambulance. Given she was speaking fairly normally, I had my doubts about it being that severe. She couldn't think of anything other than doing a lot of craft work that could have strained her neck/back, so I suggested it sounded more like a "see your doctor tomorrow" situation than a "call the ambulance" situation. Haven't heard back from her yet, so hoping that she took my advice.

@Smc noticed the ED reference - how things?

Something about an unexpected sad ending to a movie triggered her. Repair work required. Which is not why SH usually happens with her, so it's an "out of pattern" incident.

Hubby got home 2-ish in the morning, so I left him sleeping until late this morning.

images (20).jpeg

Ta @Former-Member.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance