Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Dissociative Identity Disorder Carers?

Good one @Determined. Smiley LOL

Thanks.

Former-Member
Not applicable

How are things at your place @Smc?

@Former-Member, quiet-ish. Saw Older Daughter yesterday. She's working on a Medieval style dress, and wanted some advice on a bit that didn't quite go to plan.

Her craftwork can be a bit up and down. Some things she does very well, others are somewhat patchy, but the odd thing is that she's not always able to see that it's not "turning out". Current dress will look OK, but I could see some mistakes in it that she wouldn't have "missed" in other projects.

That happened in school too- she would be thinking that she'd done really well on a test, but had actually done quite poorly. It seems to be a bit of a gap in her self awareness or self assessment.

Checking in @Smc

Thanks @Former-Member.

Was "all quiet" for a while, but got a phonecall last night at bedtime. She had a strong urge to SH, was trying to fight it. Had been on the phone to a helpline, talked with me for a while then said she'd try ringing them again. Another call an hour later. It got too much for her, and she was waiting on an ambulance. Hubby had taken his nighttime "no driving" medication, so we assume from the fact that we didn't get a 6am pickup call that she found someone to drive her home. Guessing she'll still be asleep now, so will try to catch up with her this afternoon.

We keep hoping she'll succeed in fighting off the urge, at least some of the time. If she could prove to herself that it's possible, maybe it would happen more often...

Annnnd we're off to my parents' place again tomorrow. This one's planned to fit with my sister's holidays so there's not really any room to change the travel dates. Generally after the SH has happened the urge drops right off, so she should be OK. There's always that nagging "but what if..." but somehow the rest of life has to keep happening.

This trip is self, Hubby and sister. Younger Daughter is staying with an adult friend for a week. She'll probably enjoy that. She's been stressed out about some subjects at school that she wasn't doing well in and has to do "redemption" tasks for (i.e. if she completes those satisfactorily, she passes instead of failing). Her teachers are generally pretty supportive, and know enough of what's going on in the background, so they're willing to make reasonable adjustments within the assessment criteria. And the friend she's staying with is a school librarian, so she would be willing and able to appropriately help out if needed.

Didn't sleep well last night. Restless patches interspersed with dreams where what I was doing kept on being interrupted by a phone ringing... I don't think I need an expert dream interpreter to work that one out.

❤️ @Smc .....

@Smc ...  Any chance of sneaking in something that gives you joy today?

@Former-Member, We took Younger to see "Small Foot". Last days in the cinema, so it was in their small theatrette. Then had a bought lunch.

Have packed of all animals and our Younger Daughter off to their respective stayovers. Now we need to pack our clothes, water the plants and make sure nothing's left in the fridge to go off. Most of it will go into tonight's dinner except for a few things I'll freeze.

Saw Older Daughter today, and she seems to be in an OK frame of mind. The hospital gave her a taxi voucher to get home.

Checking in @Smc

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance