Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Olga
Senior Contributor

Feeling super energetic

I had a few severe changes happening like moving, new job, support people exchanged for strangers etc. I have hardly slept for last 4 days but don't feel tired. My mind is alert, I feel restless. I feel like I am going into manic. I wonder if triggered by changes and also forgot meds a couple of days which should not cause this , I don't think. I have a psychiatrist appointment in 2 weeks. Has anyone got any suggestions how to avert a full blown manic phase as I really cant afford  to be loopy in this new job. I really have to be the best I can be 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Feeling super energetic

Hey Olga, 

Have you tried some meditation? or even just a bedtime story podcast series on Spotify, lied in your bed and stared at the roof listening to the stories and see if you can sleep?

Or are you just hyped and can't sit still?

Hi @Olga 

That's a heap of life changes - I'd find it hard to keep steady with all that going on. 
some of the things I find helps when I know things are getting towards mania for me - I truly hope some of these help a little:

I'm not sure if you have any opportunity to go outside but going outside in 'normal' daylight (not super early, like ten am when the shadows are less dramatic) helps me. I try and pay attention to the sky and the earth and I makes me feel a bit more grounded.

I also try to eat - I always forget when I'm getting towards mania - if you also feel like that I have found a phone reminder to be really helpful. I keep the alarms not for early morning or late at night - one is at 10.30am to remind me to eat (because it's easier once my meds have kicked in for the day)

I try to eat some whole grains because I feel like they ground me - a piece of toast with cheese or vegemite etc is my go to. I usually like jams but when I'm getting manic sugar doesn't help. Also NOT lots of coffee (which sucks because I live on it 😂)
it's fantastic you have an appointment with your psychiatrist in two weeks. When I've got an appointment coming up, I try to start making a list of what I need to talk about so that I don't forget anything. When I'm get to my manic my memory just goes to crap. And things get so confusing that I always miss bits and pieces of symptoms/feelings/ideas when I get manic because I get quite confused about everything.

I really hope you're okay 🌸 

I haven't really written down what I do to try and ward off mania before so I hope it's helpful or at least makes sense - I've had my night meds and I'm not running at full speed 🤦🏼‍♀️

Take care 🌼

edited because my original post said 'lots of coffee - definitely don't do that - my bad 🤦🏼‍♀️)

Thank you so much Artistz. There are some good tips there. I will try them. I am stoked cause I actually slept 4 hours which is great. Let's see what the day brings. Will definitely go outside again trying to "walk it off". Thank you again, Olga xox

Hey @Olga  🙂

That's really cool that you had some sleep last night - woo woo well done you 😊👍

I'm up and going today too - one of my cats wakes me up (usually too early 😂🤦🏼‍♀️).

Good luck today and hope it's a more peaceful day for you 🌸🌼🌸

@ArtistZ, just returning from a mega walk to get rid of the excess energy. Off to work this afternoon. I think I am going to be okay. Have a great day! Thanks for your support xox
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance