Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Arizona
Senior Contributor

Forget it

10 REPLIES 10
Otter
Senior Contributor

Re: I'm not in a good space ***Trigger Warning***

Hi there @Arizona ,

I can hear that there are some real challenges for you at the moment. It can be particularly tricky to manage when SI is happening for you, even if there is no immediate or specific plans for the future happening but we want you to know you’re not alone regardless. We’d encourage you to get in touch with SCBS or Lifeline for a chat if you are needing at all tonight or just wanting to have a chat. It’s essential you are able to stay safe after all, and just a reminder you can reach out for urgent assistance at 000 if necessary.

Kindest regards and well wishes,

Otter

Re: I'm not in a good space ***Trigger Warning***

Re: What do you do for your anxiety and post-traumatic attacks? ***Trigger Warning***

It's sometimes helpful to remember to approach it like a journey.

I'm remembering an old ABC show about nuns. The mother superior was talking about faith and said something like, it was like painting the Sydney harbour bridge. By the time you get to the end, you might as well start touching up the paint back on the side where you started.

Why am remembering this? I think because for me getting back to fundamentals like the "why" makes the "how" and the "what" a lot easier. Trouble with trauma is it puts you in reaction mode. It's important and had to get back to a sense of, I dunno, agency or something (or walking through the doors that you want to walk through (or something)).

You've been actually been good example of these principles to me. You take conscious control and check your balances along the way. This thread topic is another example of that sort of thing.

Re: What do you do for your anxiety and post-traumatic attacks? ***Trigger Warning***

Arizona
Senior Contributor

Former-Member
Not applicable

Arizona
Senior Contributor

Hi @Arizona,

I have flagged the post for deletion so you can keep the thread for support that will help.

Take care,

M

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance