Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

ArraDreaming
Senior Contributor

Not sure what to say right now....

I have everything I have ever wanted right in front of me which is so much more than many people even wish for and dream of  I love my family and my partner and I used to have this picture in my head of exactly how I wanted my life to look like and it's pretty damn close to this

except one thing 

I'm not doing so well, I'm feel Ike I'm not keeping up everything being thrown at me, I have everything I need and want but  I still feel like I'm drowning when I shouldn't be 

I'm not really depressed right now, or anything like that, i can see the light in the things and feel happiness, but I 'm just struggling.

like today, I had the best day with the kids, my partner is working so I'm home with them most days and I actually took them both out of the house and on a little adventure, and our 3 year old said he had so much fun "can we go back there on maybe Wednesday???" (He heard me mention Wednesday once and now it's a thing) 

Its these little happy moments that bring so much light to my life but they are also so clouded by the fact that I'm overwhelmed with life 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Not sure what to say right now....

Hey Jay. I'm sorry to hear that you're overwhelmed. It sounds like you are experiencing a bit of burnout- especially right now it's so understandable. Maybe you could do something like a meditation day where your partner can watch your kids? Or a home pamper spa day with everyone? Either way I'd definitely suggest talking to your partner about how you feel because it's important and you deserve to feel less burdened by the feeling that you can't keep up. I can relate to that a lot. I hope things get better for you soon and you can get some good rest. It sounds like you're trying really hard. 

Hi @ArraDreaming 

I think everyone gets feelings of overwhelm from time to time especially at the moment with COVID. I wonder why you feel like you're not keeping up with everything being thrown at you. Your little adventure sounds great and sounds like you were very present during that time with your son and partner. 

When I feel overwhelmed I take some deep breaths, and get myself back to the present moment maybe by doing the 5 senses exercise or I will write it out in a journal as I find writing things down helps me to figure out what is most important at that moment in time.

I hope this has helped in some way.

Take care. 

I have had adhd for a long time
and part of that is not being able to keep up with “life admin” tasks etc I have always found that hard.
Now for the first time in my life I have a whole family depending on me finishing those life admin jobswhen previously it was only to my own detriment

Hi @ArraDreaming 

Sounds silly I guess but I've never heard of life admin tasks. I'm wondering though (after googling it) does writing a list help at all? 

Take it easy!

Previously not doing things was my own fault and now I have all these responsibilities I don’t feel quite ready to juggle
Making a list doesn’t seem to help me much
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance