Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

petrichor
Senior Contributor

Spinning spinning…

Hi all,

ok, i can’t explain. I’m tired of explaining the world to myself and trying to figure out what switches in my head. There’s a lot happening in my head anyway and the religious freedom bill debate just made it worse. I cannot understand the world. Beats me.

114 REPLIES 114

Re: Spinning spinning…

Another bad night 😞 I just wish there would be some stability. I just want to be in a cocoon and never come out again. 

@petrichor Sorry to hear you had another bad night. Hope you can find a few moments of peace today.

Thanks for your reply @Boo13 Im so lonely and I think I’ll hide under the doona

Hi @petrichor, The doona might be a nice place for a while, but please reach out to connect with the forum or others when you can. We are here to listen when you are ready. 

Hi @Boo13 

i don’t want this anymore.

i don’t want to feel like some outcast all the time and have all that fear. Why are people so nasty to others? I think I’ve just had enough of it all. It doesn’t stop 😞

@petrichor 

When I was young they called my family mad.  Now I believe it is the reverse.  Its the world thats mad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1ZvPSpLxCg 

Sending you a virtual hug.

"Spinning" you said it. That's the exact, I mean the very exact word that I've been using.

Last Wednesday night was, in all caps, HUGE. We were all expecting something to happen but when it did it came out of nowhere. It, effectively, went from back-burner to front and centre in a heartbeat, somehow.

I woke up to realizing our religious, spiritual, sexual, cultural and disability care identity including, basically our whole human-rights model, was on the line. Head's spinning and body's pretty shaken.  I even looked up parliament house to see some of the debate. It was intense.

Weird thing for me is, I'm a spiritual person but pretty much a solo practitioner. I play the spiritual card a lot but I've never had to play hard-ball with it. I don't know if I'm ever going to need to, but what if I did? What if, for some reason, conscience isn't enough? I don't know what I would do.

Even deeper, and I'm sorry if this is triggering and I'd rather not go to deep but I look at this from the perspective of someone who's experienced and witnessed some of the more serious and distinct forms of spiritual abuse. The conversation is bringing up the broader question. With all societies other moving parts, how do we protect our lambs better? And, how do we stop protecting wolves?

There's some real challenges trying to talk about these things, empirically. Oh, for a soul-o-scope that we could all practically agree on.

Hi @petrichor 

I've just retreated under the doona myself. I hope you are doing okay this afternoon. I find connecting on the forum brings me some relief...

Sending you peaceful vibes and big virtual hugs.

Take care,

RedHorse 🌹🐴

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance