Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Supporting an already Depressed Partner through Cancer diagnosis

Same here, @Former-Member crisp, clear. Good to hear you are seeing your psych on Friday. My counsellor was away last Friday, so looking forward to a phone call and a visit on Friday also. Hope the meds continue peacefully. Hubby might have realised he was feeling a bit better on them. Who knows. Hope today is a good one, if only in parts. 💜💕

@Former-Member Thinking of you today and you psych appointment. I know it will go okish as you have a good relationship, sometimes talking things through can be both helpful and challenging. Do you stop off for a cuppa somewhere?image.jpeg

@Former-Memberare you ok xoxo

Hello @Maggie, @Former-Member, @outlander, @Faith-and-Hope

@Former-Member Heart

Dear @Maggie @Shaz51 @outlander.

Thanks so much for your messages of support. I have been really struggling this past week. Just trying to keep my head above water really, and very little energy for anything else. 

@Maggie My psych apt went okay and we went through a lot of stuff.  She is concerned that I seem to be living too much in the past rather than looking to a future. But to be honest, I dont see a future for me. I try to live in the present, but there is just too much trauma and baggage dragging me back into the past. Much as I try, there just doesnt seem to be anything for me in a future life. With or without my husband. My psych wants to see me more often, but if I do then my MHCP sessions will run out within a month. So I said no, but agreed to my next apt in 4 weeks.

@Shaz51 You ask if I'm okay. To put it simply, I dont know how to answer that. What is okay? I'm alive .. yes. Do I want to be? Cant answer that. Am I likely to do something silly? No, because for now I have people who rely on me. But if I didn't? I dont want to answer that right now. I feel like I'm stuck in mud and am unable to drag myself out of it. Not even sure I want to.

@Shaz51 I read your thread about your diabetes. I'm really sorry to hear that. I realise that combined with your kidney issues this is really serious. I didnt comment on your thread, because there really wasnt anything I could say.

@Maggie Are you finding any light at the end of your dark tunnel? I really hope so as I worry about you. Always have done because you touched my heart a long time ago. You're special.

Hi also to @Former-Member@Faith-and-Hope@Former-Member @Zoe7 and anyone else reading.

Sherry 💕

Hearing you @Former-Member - all of it Hon - we hang on for others and don't know how to do that for ourselves - it is definitely no way to 'live' Sherry Smiley SadHeart

BC238321-73C8-4A75-BF11-87ECC7A15C2B.jpeg

Hearing you too @Former-Member ..... hugs ..... 💗💕

hearing you too @Former-Member and thank you my friend xxxx

sitting with you HeartHeart

@Former-Member This is all I have to offer atm.

Hold on...Hold on...

I know you're hurting

Trapped in dispare

I know you feel

Like no one is there

I can't sit with you

And help you hang on

So I'm sending my care

In a song

I know how hard

Life can be

More of the same

All you can see

There are no answers 

Nor therapy 

For moments like these

All we can do

To somehow come through

Is hold each other

In the bonds of a song

Waves crashing over

Dragging us in

Leaving us feeling

To weak to swim

Though I can't sit with you 

And help you hang on...

Im sending my care

In the bonds of a song

Hold on

hold on

hold on.

Thank you @Maggie, thats beautiful.

Sherry  Heart

Image result for Thank you thats beautiful

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance