Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

MDT
Community Guide

Thinking of hitting pause on dating

For many reasons

The main 2 are that I just find it hard to meet people. About a month ago I was not on any dating apps and I didn't think it was doing me good to be on them. Decided I would make thay change. So I did. But I am finding all rather distracting. It's like I'm just doing it and don't actually care for finding a partner or anything really. 

Maybe I am lonely inside. Well then if this is the case, how come I want my space and my time to myself. Why do I want to disconnect from the world? 

Maybe I don't feel lonely, I just feel exhausted. 

Christmas was good to get away from the hum drum. Maybe part of the humdrum for me was being on a dating apps

I also know I need to be better to myself. Maybe this includes spending time ok valuable exercises for my mental health - not looking at how many matched I get or similar.

I know I have myself to give to another, but maybe it's just made harder atm. It's not a Permanent thing. I wont feel this way forever. 

Its a weird time to be alive due to covid. 

But I also remember every time I have apprehensive about doing something and have gone through with it then I have felt fine. 

I need to occupy my mind with GOOD and WORTHWHILE things.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Thinking of hitting pause on dating

Totally @MDT 

Re: Thinking of hitting pause on dating

@MDT  the right person will come along in good time. Have faith Hams my friendxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance