Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

greenpea
Senior Contributor

mother;s concern

Hi everyone my son2 said something which concerned me tonight. For anyone who doesnt know my son2 is autistic has epilepsy, a mild intellectual delay and has schizophrenia. He said there were rumours going around about him. This of course makes me worried. What on earth could be going around about him..... it doesnt appear to worry him .... should I ask him?? Looking for advice. Thanks peaxx

12 REPLIES 12

Re: mother;s concern

@greenpea  maybe just ask him gently what he meant by the comment and if it doesnt seem like he thinks it is a big deal then follow his lead and similarly if he is worried about something then maybe just reassure him? idk but if you are worried it is probably better to ask and find out what he meant. 

@Eden1919  thank you Eden1919. I hope everything is going well for you atm. peax

Hey @greenpea Heart I think @Eden1919 has given some great advice - ask son2 what he meant but follow his lead - if he wants to talk then you are there for him but if he brushes it off and doesn't seemed fussed about it then let it go. That way you have offered your support and an ear and he knows you are there for him if he wants to talk later.

@Zoe7  Hi Zoe7 thank you for your time and help. Yes @Eden1919  has given me some great advice and so have you my friend. Love peax

@greenpea It is never a good place to be when someone says something like that and you do not have a further conversation about it - as his Mum of course you will be concerned and worry - but he trusts you enough to even mention it and maybe that is all he needed. Go with your heart here little pea - you know him best.

Going to send you an extra big squishy hug tonight Hon Heart

@Zoe7 Beautiful advice Zoe7/ I will go with my get feeling softly softly;xx

Youre wise @greenpea
I believe you will find the right course of action.
Like @Eden1919 said is a good idea

Take care friend

@MDT  Thank you Hams. Everyone has come up with good ideas. I will question him softly when the time is right. Love to you my young and sensible friend peaxx

@Clawde  Thank you Clawde for always being there. Love peaxxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance