Skip to main content

Re: Topic Tuesday // Creating and maintaining social connections // Tues 20 Nov, 7pm AEDT

It has been so lovely having you here tonight @jess_27 and the questions and discussion from both you and other forum members have been thought provoking. Thank you @Former-Member @jess_27 for running this session Smiley Very Happy

Re: Topic Tuesday // Creating and maintaining social connections // Tues 20 Nov, 7pm AEDT

Thanks everyone.

Thanks @jess_27 & @Former-Member

Adge

@Mazarita I think everything you said is so thoughtful and honest. 

I too think expectation is the enemy of relationships. Whilst I set boundaries I try not to expect too much otherwise I end up disappointed. This is particularly true of my relationship with my brother. As soon as I stopped expecting him to be something he wasn't, I was  alot happier an dour relationship improved tremendously. 

I'm sure I'll be around. 🙂 Thank you for your kind words.

Thanks for having me everyone! 

I've learned a lot from all of you and I truly hope you got something special out of tonight. 

Until we meet again! 🙂 

PS. I'll leave this thread open until tomorrow so you can all continue chatting amongst yourselves for a bit or you might like to start a thread in the forums around this same subject to continue the conversation? I'll let you all decide 🌈

Thanks for your time @jess_27 we will hopefully see you again for another great event! Night night! (also hi there @frog - didn't want to miss you!)

@jess_27, I found the forum by chance on one of my many Google searches on various things. It helped me so much at a really low point. That same day I started moving towards doing what needed to be done for my medical treatment, something I'd got to a very bad state with. Since then, it has worked marvels in various ways. Aside from that I have a very active online life, including creative collaborations with people over the net, often people on the other side of the world! The internet has played a fairly major role in my life since the 1990s.

Thanks, @Former-Member and @jess_27, so much, for having this forum with us. Hope you enjoy the rest of your night. Heart

Goodnight and thanks to everyone who has participated tonight too, really appreciate your stories and experiences. Heart

Hi @jess_27,

I came to the forum too late tonight. I just wanted to say what a great discussion!!

I am part way through a book called “ Boundaries “ I stumbled upon it by accident when reading “parenting with boundaries “ I decided if I was to instill it in the kids I better learn it for myself. 

The whole concept of beginning to set boundaries at the age of 34 seems really overwhelming for me.

However I am feeling really encouraged by reading from others on the forum tonight.

I just wanted to say thank you to  those that have the courage to post about their experiences & insight. It is an honesty that I haven’t been able to find in my friendship circles , that’s for sure and is ever so helpful!!

hello @Mazarita

oh such a profound response..

brings me back to the times I first encountered your messages

love it although am hesitant....

do not want to offend..

@Teej Funny with your friend Teej as I have a similar arrangement with my exhusband. He rings me once a week to see if I am okay. It is sweet to have people care about you so much that they would do that. xxxx