Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Carers under 30...

Thanks so much @Former-Member very much appreciated ❣ ill upload the list tomorrow so you can see them all and will point out the words i cant say.

@Former-Member these are the words on the list.

1. Cerebrum
2. Cardiology
3. Oesophagoscopy
4. Endometriosis
5. Cryptorchism
6. Aneurysm
7. Alveolus
8. Bronchiectasis
9. Eosinophil
10. Kaposi’s sarcoma
11. Osteomalacia
12. Albino
13. Epithelium
14. Chalazion
15. Retinopathy
16. Hypoparathyroidism
17. Carcinoma in situ
18. Cholangiography
19. Schizophrenia
20. Pyelonephritis
Former-Member
Not applicable

Which words are you having trouble with @outlander?

Numbers 5, 8, 9, 14, 18 and 20 @Former-Member
Former-Member
Not applicable

Remember medical dictionaries have the little bell next to word so you can listen to pronunciation @outlander see how they compare to how I have written the words 😀.

5. Crypt-ork-ism

8. Bron-key-eck-ta-sis

9. e-o-sin-o-fill

14 cul-lazy-on

18 Cole- an-geography

20 pie-el-oh-neff-right--iss

oh yes they do @Former-Member thanks heaps
i did have a look at one that spoke the words for me but i couldnt understand the accent they used so ill have a look for others ones.
love how youve written the last one lol.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Accents = yikes,  wasn't  Scottish was it @outlander?  😀

When doing the recording after saying the word correctly you might want to offer the alternative pronunciation used at Old MacDonald's farm with an e-i-e-i-o-sin-o-filly 🐴

haha@darcy do you like ya scotsmen do ya?

i just want to pass, the other marks ive got ive had comments like brilliant result, and excellent with top marks so i want to at least get a satisfactory result for this one so that i can get the certificate, it jsut really hard cause its the oral task. im not good at speaking tasks but ive got 2 weeks so if i keep practiving alot and then next week start doing some recording ill be ok
Former-Member
Not applicable

Just like most tasks   @outlander if you break the exam down to smaller segments it makes it easier.  Depending on the task, record one sentence or one word at at time (just like the docs do when they dictate reports). 

I was going to suggest a Kiwi accent but contestants have been denied prizes on wheel of fortune due to wrong pronunciation and I do want you to pass 😀.

images (2).png

lol @Former-Member thanks for sharing the pic
i think ive got a little more of an english accent though not to much i just find it sort of comes out sometimes.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance