Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

Are you OK lil Sis @outlander?

@outlander@Snowie 

@Zoe7 

@Faith-and-Hope 

It's been a busy day for me, but a productive one. There's been a bit of sad in there too after a visit to my psychologist and pdoc.

When I saw my psychologist this morning she essentially said I will likely be dealing with depression for some time yet, maybe forever. Or I will at least be highly predisposed to getting depressed again. She didn't say it in a horrible way, more matter of fact. It's just a sad thought that my life is shadowed by this cloud, and I've no control over it. I can't just snap out of it, and things will be better. There's a very long way to go yet before I can say that I have a life worth living back again. I have moments of enjoyment and laughter back in my life, but they are fleeting. More than anything, I often feel numb and out of touch with how I really am. When people ask me how I am, I say I'm alright, but I don't always know exactly what I'm feeling at any given moment.

I've really wanted to give up everything on the last few weeks. Meds, therapists, the lot. And I nearly did. But I didn't want to go back to way I was a year ago.

So I went to see my pdoc shortly afterwards, and for once I was honest about the ongoing SI and the very low moods that I have been falling into. Often before, I didn't lie to her, but I often would say I'm fine when I really wasn't. She couldn't that much about it, and I just felt I had to live with it. But she is concerned the SI is continuing, and has put me on another medication. This medication has been around for a long time, and can have significant side effects. So I'm a little concerned, but I will be monitered regularly.

My pdoc also said I'm treatment resistant, which I've hear from her before. That means that not a lot of medications work for me, and I have to have higher doses of them to even make a difference. Another very sad moment. I feel sometimes I'm being punished. What for I don't know, but I was punished enough as a child, so this MI seems unfair and unjust.

Anyway, that was my day. I've probably said too much or rambled on a bit. Thanks for listening if you got this far.

Got all of it @Sans911, and thank you for sharing it with us.  I am so sorry for your feelings of loss and struggle, but it also sounds like you have crossed a bridge of

sorts, in that you have accepted that you’re in it

for the long haul, and you are trusting your therapist and trying something a bit daunting and new ......

I hope its okay to say that I am feeling proud of you .....

💜🌷💕💜🌷💕💜

Thank you @Faith-and-Hope 💕💕

I haven't accepted the long haulness of it yet, but it's my reality. I have no control over the time frame. I can not make it go any faster, no matter how much I will it too. So I begrudgingly accept this is how it has to be for now.

I have a different version of that going in for different reasons @Sans911 ...... I have had to accept that I have no timeframe and no real control of eventual outcomes ...... just got to set our sails and take on the storms as they come.

Hey lil Sis @outlander

I've been concerned about you, @Snowie & @Zoe7 today. My favourite sisters are all absent. That makes me very 😔

hugs sis @Sans911
im around for a little bit tonight if you want to chat or would like some company Heart

Has has your day been lil Sis @outlander?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance