Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: self care -- Food, Salt , Sugar , Water

'Fessing up - bought a box of quality streets and picked out the toffee pennies and toffee fingers and ate them in one sitting. 

How are things going @Shaz51? Are the spikes starting to be less frequent?

@Adge a gentle reminder to pack am, lunch and pm nibblies.

images (32).jpeg

How is everyone managing with their specific dietary needs? 

I need to move a bit more. 

@Shaz51 are you starting to find things a little easier to understand and / or put into practice?

@Adge how is it going? Have you been able to pack biscuits or chips for your work breaks?

Yes @Former-Member I take healthy snacks.

I'm giving Iberogast a try again to see if that helps - rec by pharmacist.

& Gastrostop a few times a week (essential item).

Adge

'Onya @Adge  👍

Are the spikes starting to be less frequent?' yes they are @Former-Member, still confusing me at times , I have a few good readings and then it will go high again for a fews days and then normal ( diabetes readings again ) for a few days

so wondering if there is something else that is affecting , did not know there was soo much into it like infections , stress, kidney , menopause , ect that plays  in the role as well not just food and what we drink

Hello @Adge, @Faith-and-Hope, @Former-Member, @Determined

@Former-Member

Well im certainly going to like this page my hobby is cooking / gardening so far so good.

So much joy from cooking and feeding people a warm glow instantly even more if it all turns out perfecto!!

Favourit dish rrr too many pasta carbonara, scollop pie, roast, salad, pizza, beef black bean, apple pie, vanilla slice, cheese cake and the list goes on. 

thanks Darcy, 

Ha ha @Time we are all trying to eat healthy which means different things to different forumites who come on the thread due to various medical issues. Can see @Adge might benefit from some of your favourite dishes 😀.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance