Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

utopia
Senior Contributor

Re: HOME

Really good thanks @Shaz51.

I've done nothing all day,  but after yesterday,  it's a relief. Had a really nice Christmas day with family. 

Did you and Mr Shaw get out and about yesterday? 

Zoe7
Community Guide

Hi my beautiful cocky friend @utopia Heart

Are you up for a forum NYE party this year - methinks we need some of your humour to get the party going lol

utopia
Senior Contributor

@Zoe7. I'm not sure what I'm doing for New Years Eve yet.  I'm hoping I'll be invited somewhere.  Don't fancy spending the night at home. 

Having said that,  it's always fun to share in a Forum party.  So,  if I'm home I'll definitely be there. 

Did you notice they are advertising MAFS on TV already! !!! 

Zoe7
Community Guide

@utopia I did notice they are advertising MAFS already - seems like they are going for the 'model' type and not the average person so much - that annoys me. The beauty of that show has been that anyone can be matched but it seems that more and more it is becoming like some of the other shows where people just want to get their face on tv - I would say I won't watch it this season but I am sure that will change when it starts lol

I hope you are invited somewhere on NYE too but just in case the forum party will be here for you too. 

I think it is so great that you are doing so well - it makes such a difference when the depression lifts somewhat - hoping so much that that continues for you my beautiful cocky friend.

utopia
Senior Contributor

Thank you my beautiful friend @Zoe7 for those lovely words. 

Yes,  hope my health continues to improve and then I can find employment and start earning some money. ❤

Zoe7
Community Guide

That would be wonderful @utopia We do underestimate how much working can help wth our MH - even if it is just a couple of days a week. Going back to work for me was difficut but I did find the joy for teaching again despite all the difficuties with the principal. I am looking forward to finding out where I will be next year and also how that will look - both excited and apprehensive but I think both are natural under the circumstances.

...and the money is a wonderful thing. I only want to work 4 days a week though so it will be about the same as what I was getting from income protection - at least I will be able to pay my mortgage and the bills though - and keep my fur babies fed and healthy - that is what is most important to me.

How are Abbey and Dog?

utopia
Senior Contributor

Abbey and Dog are well.  Dog is struggling with this heat though - as am I.  40 today.  Evaporator cooler on full,  but not keeping things cool enough for my liking. 

Yes working will be good for me. I only want to work 3 days a week,  which is what I used to work.  Nervous and excited by the prospects. 

Zoe7
Community Guide

So pleased Abbey and Dog are well - Toby and Cat are doing well also. Toby desperately needs a bath but I haven't had the time or energy to give him one - maybe over the weekend I will be able to give him one. Too tired today!

It would be great if you could get back to work - it does give us that extra sense of purpose and 3 days a week would be great for you. I only want to go back four days having the Wednesday off so I can still do DBT and have all my appointments on the one day.

Hoping you have managed to stay out of the heat this afternoon @utopia It is a very pleasant temperature here today unlike other parts of the country so stay hydrated and near the evaporator cooler and get through the extreme weather the best you can Heart

utopia
Senior Contributor

@Zoe7

glad Abbey and Dog are doing well and with the heat too @utopia Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance