Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

utopia
Senior Contributor

Re: HOME

So much cooler now @Shaz51. Sprinkler on,  garden is very dry. 

Another hot day tomorrow. 

Zoe7
Community Guide

Hi my beautiful cocky friend @utopia How is life treating you?

Hoping the depression is still lifting and you are finding things to occupy your time.

Was thinking of you so thought I'd drop in a few hugs and lots of these Heart

utopia
Senior Contributor

Thank you for the hugs and ❤ @Zoe7

I'm doing well I think.  No depression.  No motivation  - lol.  Smiling genuinely. Think I'm on the right track. 

Going to be 43 here tomorrow.  Not looking forward to that. 

How are you doing?  Enjoying your summer with Toby and Cat? 

Zoe7
Community Guide

I am doing well @utopia Not saying the depression has completely lifted but definitely on the right track. I saw my psychologist yesterday and she stated that I am a different person now than the one she first saw. We both agreed that the depression is so much better but there are still moments that I do feel is - so while it has significantly improved I am still conscious of how much I could fall backwards without sleep and self-care ...both so important to maintaining mental wellness.

Toby and Cat are doing well - Toby still follows me arouond like a little shadow. I took him to Bunnings with me yesterday and of course he got lots of attention. He sat in the trolley and lapped it all up. He is such a social little dog and loves people so little ouotings like those are good for him. I also enjoy having him with me and will of course take him where he is allowed - so love Bunnings for that.

Cat is absolutely beautiful and such a little darling. She has been sleeping on the bed more lately - think it is cooler in there than her room. She still spends nights in her room but will come in to me in the morning if I try to sleep in - the fur babies certainly won't allow that lol

All in all doing okay here - which is a nice thing to be able to say after such a long road. Trying to keep occupied is not always achieved but also letting myself have days of doing nothing is okay too.

It sounds like we are both travelling along okay and that is wonderful to hear - keep up the good work @utopia. Are you going to begin looking for work again soon?

utopia
Senior Contributor

Definitely a different person than who first saw the psych. @Zoe7

I didn't know you could take dogs in Bunnings. But guess you could say he's your service dog.  As he is in a way. 

Yes my dogs have taken to lying on the cool floorboards.  Rather than their beds. 

My son just got his Learners permit today.  Watch out Victorians,  he'll be on the roads.  Who Hoo. Another milestone met. 

I have to book an appointment to see my psychiatrist . Hoping by February I will get the ok to look for work.  Trying not to think about it yet,  so won't get too anxious. 

Getting tired,  so must be overdue for a nanny nap. 

Ohh and one of my nieces is pregnant. About 14 weeks.  So I'll be a great aunty.  I like that title.  It suits me. 

Zoe7
Community Guide

That is all wonderful news - about your niece and your son @utopia.

I do hope your psychiatrist says you can begin looking for work again - it would certainly fill that gap when your days seem boring. Another couple of weeks for me to wait yet to hopefully find out what school I will be at - I think I will start to get more nervous as that time approaches ...right now I know everyone is still on leave so nothing can be done but once I know they are back I expect I will start hoping to hear something - I suspect it will all get too much if I have to wait too long - fingers crossed it is sooner rather than later.

I have done a fair bit today so now resting up myself - don't feel like a nap but certainly putting my feet up for a while. Cat is already talking at me for her dinner but she will have to wait a bit longer - she is persistent though lol

utopia
Senior Contributor

Lol @Zoe7. My nap went too long so Dog woke me up.  Was an hour past her dinner time.  Laugh.  A whole hour.  I'm amazed she didn't starve in that hour. 

If I was you,  once the people return to work who know where I'll be teaching,  I'd be calling them every day to find out.  But that's just me.  I don't like long waits. 

Zoe7
Community Guide

hahaha @utopia not much point calling every day because I can't change the process they need to go through but I will be emailing in 2 weeks when I know they are back. The problem is that most Principals are also on holidays and so can't respond to placements either (some do keep in touch with HR but most don't - which I understand because they deserve a break as well).  

Dog sounds much like Cat - if it is her dinner time then she usually lets me know - they are funny little critters - especially when it comes to food.

Just been to the beach with Toby, my sister, her partner and their dog. It was a gorgeous evening - had a walk in the water and watched Toby make sand angels as he rolled around in the sand - very cute to watch, not so cute to clean up in the car and when I get home. He is sleeping on his bed on the floor tonight and then he can have a bath tomorrow.

utopia
Senior Contributor

I can picture Toby's sand angels @Zoe7

Zoe7
Community Guide

It was rather cute watching him roll in the sand and make his own sand angels @utopia He jumped in the water then rolled in the sand ...and then he layed down and wanted to go to sleep - he was so tired from all the playing. It doesn't take him much to wear himself out but he is only little so I understand. I had to carry him all the way back to the car wrapped in his towel as the poor little fella was tuckered out. It was kinda cute as he looked like a little baby wrapped up in his towel in my arms ...lots of smiles and awww sounds from passers by lol He really was totally zonked out 🐶

Going to give him a bath today and then he can get back on the bed tonight - however I suspect it will be too warm for him to stay there long before he gets off and goes to his bed on the floor.

Going to be an inside day here today with temps being in the high 30s - then supposed to have strong winds come through in the afternoon so not much I will be able to get done anyway. 

Do you have any plans for today?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance