Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Living with PTSD (Potentially Triggering Material)

@Former-Member I saw this and thought of you.Nothing to add.Nothing to add.

Hi @Maggie.  I just saw the post you just did, but unfortunately the pic is not through yet.  I will need to come back later to see that one.  But I did love the gorgeous flower you sent me previously.

Oh goodness me no Maggie, you are not dominating my thread at all.  Honestly.  I read on your thread about having met some of the other residents and their fur babies as well.  It sounds like 'so far, so good'.  Hope things continue to improve.

I can definitely relate to the worrying bit.  I too worry about absolutely everything.  Yes thats true Maggie, we have both weathered a few storms together, but we always seem to come out the other side eventually.  Thats somewhat reassuring. 

I'm sorry you didnt manage to collect any of your garden plants for the move.  All too rushed in the end.  I read on your thread that you only had a few hours hospital release in order to organise the move.  You did extremely well to have done what you did.  Have you done any unpacking yet?  Although I did read you had at least put up your cross stitches to help make it feel like home.  Good start anyway.  And also little Mags, I hope she is becoming accustomed to having a little Mags2 appearing in the mirror.  Funny little thing she is.

I expect the 3 months at the new home will go quickly, and I hope you do come to like it there. I wonder if daZi likes it?

Warmest thoughts to you also Maggie.

Sherry Heart

Image result for warmest thoughts

Pic through @Maggie.  Thank you ... 💜

@Former-Member Dropping off some warm thoughts for tomorrow's psych app. Just in case you don't come online before you go. Thinking of you, hoping it goes well.Warm thoughtsWarm thoughts

Dear @Maggie ... thank you for your message yesterday.  I will carry your warm and caring thoughts with me this morning as I head into town for my delayed psych appointment.  Ha ha, wish I could take that big cuddly pooch with me too. I think my psych would not mind either, as she is also a registered breeder of therapy dogs. I wont mention the breed as they are quite unique, and it could lead to possible identification.

So today is going to be a rush. My psych apt at 10am, which usually lasts an hour and a half. Its my usual volunteer work day at the nursing home as well. But I notified them last week that I may not make it today due to medical apts. Though I may just have time to call in briefly on my way back home from my apt. Then home to make a quick bite for lunch. And then back into town again with hubby. He has another appointment with his oncologist at 1pm. He's likely to want to adjust his meds again, but Im not sure about that at all. He worries me a lot as he seems to be going downhill once again with his mobility issues. I just don't know. Life is just one big long worry it seems.

Right .. I need to make a move, get things happening. Anticipating a difficult and upsetting psych session this morning.

Sherry 💕

Oops, system glitch ... above post came through twice. I got a system error and it said to post again which I did, now its in twice.  Sorry about that Maggie.  Just edited it to this.  Was going to delete, but thats quite a process it seems. 

Sherry 💕

thinking of you today @Former-Member, with your busy day , sending you hugs and walking with you Heart

my mum is still in hospital , she is hoping to come home today but the doctor is still worried about her still having stomach pains

going to mum`s doctor`s appt this morning while she is in hospital

Hello and hugs @Maggie, @Former-Member, @Zoe7, @Faith-and-Hope

@Former-Member Dropping this off for you.https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=krYYVYUVMY0

@Former-Member I'm hoping you are home after a very busy day. No doubt your app brought things to the surface that will need time to settle. Did you get a take out for dinner tonight??? If you can, rest tonight, take a long bath/shower. I'm off to the shower myself. Thinking of you, sending kind warm fuzzies.💜💜💕💕🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾I hope Holly is doing ok.

Hi Dear @Maggie and also @Shaz51.  Thanks for your messages earlier.

Maggie, I havent yet listened to all of that video as yet.  Been rush rush rush all day.  But once I get dinner out of the way I will sit down and listen to it. I know I will love it, mainly because its from you, but also because I listened to about 30 seconds of it just now.  Heart

Yes a busy day as you say.  And a lot of stuff I needed to talk to my psych about.  She wants to see me again in 2 weeks time. I didnt get takeaway for dinner, but I got some fish which is quick and easy.  Just going to get it all done now.

Talking about cancelled appointments, I just 5 mins ago had a call from my GP who cancelled an appointment I've had with him for over 3 weeks.  It was for next week. Apparently he now has to be at some conference?  Honestly am I doing something wrong?  I essentially only see my GP a couple of times a year, and he cancels.  I need to see him in order to get my next 4 MHCP sessions with my psych approved.  Now I dont know what to do.  They offered a replacement apt in about 4 weeks time, but it didnt fit in with hubbys apts.  In the end I got upset and said "Its okay ... stuff it, just cancel the damned apt and I will decide what to do later.  I cannot deal with this now."   I could have seen a different Dr, but I didnt want to do that, I like the Dr I have.

So Maggie your post came at a good time.  Between my psych session, hubbys apt with the oncologist (which achieved nothing) and this cancellation on top of it ... I just couldnt cope with it.  It may not seem much, but I guess I'm vulnerable.

A nice relaxing bath sounds like it would be nice actually.  Perhaps later.

Yes my little Holly is her usual adorable self.  Sending a little cuddle to Mags, and a big hug to you Maggie.

Thank you.

Sherry 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance