Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Living with PTSD (Potentially Triggering Material)

Dear @Maggie

Thanks so much for your lovely posts here since you've recently returned.  I do apologise for not posting on your own thread.  Things have been hectic of late, and I havent been travelling too well.  Then I saw my psych yesterday and as is usual for me, its taking a while to settle from that.

I did update my other Carers thread last week, which gives you a bit of an update on whats been happening here.  If you're interested?  I think I tagged you there when I did my last update, so you may well have already read it.  I will eventually get around to  updating this thread too.  But as its mainly Carer related issues over the past month, it was the most appropriate place to post at the time.  For now ... my own health needs to take a back seat.  Not ideal I know, but no choice.

I really appreciate you taking the time to remind me that people here care.  Thanks so much, you and others here too.  I will update this thread soon, I hope.

Sherry Heart

@Former-Member I haven't read on you careers thread but I will do that tonight. You sound tired. I guess that's an understatement really. Would you rather I posted on your careers thread as I know your time is limited, another understatment. You don't have to reply, though I love hearing from you, no pressure at all.

Sorry your health is on the back burner, being a carer is more than a full time job. I hope hubby is behaving, ( searched for a better word ). Ho hum !!!!!! You are often in my thoughts. I will keep dropping off little pressies as long as I'm not annoying you. Lots of these. 💕💜💕💜💕💜🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃 The upside down is me !!!!!

@Former-Member Here's a perfect way to relax, even if just in your mind. Presuming hubby is asleep, a warm bath, candle, glass of wine, a book, and of course Holly.image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Awww @Maggie thats perfect. And even the pic of the dog looks very much like my little Holly. Thank you. 💕

ohhhh @Former-Member HeartHeartheart-png-butterfly-6.png

@Former-Member Sending a warm hug your way today. I hope things have settled since your psych. app. image.jpeg

Hi dear @Maggie, and others reading too.

Thanks for thinking of me, and I love the pic.  Sloths I think?  Certainly looks like they give great hugs. Heart

Yes settling somewhat since my psych apt on Wednesday.  She wants me to consider having another block of EMDR therapy.  She always said that people often need a 'top up' after the initial treatment.  She thinks I would benefit from it. She is looking ahead to next year of course, as I have no MHCP sessions left for this year anyway. And once into next year, its getting close to 'anniversary time' again.  Not sure I want to.  It may have longer term benefits, but it stirs things up at the time.  Anyway I said I would consider it.  I have another 'discounted' appointment with her in mid December, and I said I would let know what I thought about it then.

Mum and Dad sound as though they have settled into the Nursing Home, for the time being.  Which is good, and a relief to all of us.

Hubby is experiencing wide fluctuations in his health with the new Parkinsons medication. Hoping in time it settles a bit, and that he has more better days and fewer of the bad ones.  See the Neurologist again this Saturday and he may increase his medications further to get best result. Or he may change the meds to something else more effective?

How are you going Maggie?  You havent said too much on your thread about where you're at in general, eg did you have another bout in hosptial, how is little Maggie-May, are you still in the same housing complex, etc. No need to answer that here, but I will look out for more on your thread.  I'm pretty sure I havent missed anything.

Sherry 

Image result for doing okay thanks

Hi @Former-Member Smiley Very Happy 

EMDR certainly drags up a lot of old memories so I can understand your resistance in doing it again. 

It is good that your mum and dad have settled in and that they are getting the hel they need - that really must be such a relief for you ll right now with everything else you are desling with.

I hope there are more good days for hubby too - such a hard thing to be deling with but if the meds begin to help then that is wonderful.

I hope today is a little easier on you Hon Heart

Thanks @Zoe7  and also @Shaz51 @Faith-and-Hope @Maggie @PixieJane and others.  Its lovely that you still think of me, even though I havent been very active here in a while.  Thank you to everyone .. its really nice that you care.

Sherry 

Image result for thank you lovely people

Image result for Adorable Thanks

It doesn't matter how often or how much you post @Former-Member - you are always thought of here Hon Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance