Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Long Term caring and it's problems

@Faith-and-Hope
A bit adventurous with you coffee eh?
@Shaz51 it is wet and windy here, have to head out to vote here and have been asked by a neighbour to go to some party plan demo and if I don't get dog treats we will be in trouble.
@JoJo99 do you spoil your k9s with too many dentastix?

Did you see the coffee on the first Art Class page @Former-Member .... 😏

rest up shaz keep warm too xx

@Former-Member

my dogs hate dentastix !! I have 3 dogs, 1small, 1 med, 1 large !! 3 cats also. mine all love those crisp liver treats and all 6 will line up for some.

Wish the weather was a bit cooler here, 29 again today. But there is a breeze which is lovely 

@Former-Member you write so beautifully I can imagine it so clearly. I would love that, its a welcome break from the day to day, appreciating company and lovely things to look at. Very special those unexpected conversations. x

@Faith-and-Hope @Former-Member @Shaz51 @Former-Member had a very busy exciting morning with the pet rescues and 2 wee doggies were adopted, one went to a really nice single mum and her 13 year old son. The photo is just so special of him looking with love at the darling pup. 2nd doggie went to a family with 4 kiddies, pooch enjoyed it so much racing around with them. Ahh this is why I do it. I concentrate on rescue to try to push the other stuff away for a while. Had a very dark nite last nite after dreadful convo with daughter, even rang lifeline but hung up. Turned on the music and sang away to some great tunes, lifted my mood and I was very thankful I did it Smiley Very Happy

I sing out loud with my headphones on when I am walking @JoJo99 whene there is nobody close enough to hear me .... it really helps to clear my head.

💜

@Faith-and-Hope could not find the coffee in art class, what page is it on?

@JoJo99

Liver treats are a fave with my dogs too but they go too quick. Good news about the rehoming. Dogs and kids go so well together. I am really interested in companion dogs as our older whippet is Mr Darcy's best mate and he loves him dearly, probably a little more aloof than a regular companion dog but Mr D wouldn't want a lap dog and they get along well together.

b7269c63c51c00e846ab176a3d9f7558cb86ae0097844857bcd14a8a84dcc55a.jpg

Coffee was in the first post on Art Class thread @Former-Member ..... but there are some arty ones further back on Hot Chocolate too.

@Former-Member

Some of the dogs we get thru our program really have that something special that makes them different. They don't come along very often but do stand out for their caring loyal side. They just seem to instinctly sense things even if only with me as a newbie. The dog Indi that I have just adopted is like that, I feel I have taken away a person in need's dog. I could see her sitting next to a bed or chair and just resting her head on their leg or leaning against their leg, being there to comfort them. My neighbour has cancer and I would love to give her to him because I know she would help him. But.... I'm being selfish about her and keeping!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance